Live in-studio, lots of bleed over in the mics...

grn

Hey - it's been awhile since I posted. I don't know if there's much more I can do to this mix, but I'd love to hear any suggestions or comments. We did it live in one room, two acoustic guitars, two voices... just like back in the day. Lots of bleed over in the mics. Let me know if you hear anything - I heavily processed my vocal since I don't care for its nasal quality, but of course only so much can be done in a "live" situation with no overdubs or punch-ins.

For anyone that's curious we used a matched pair of Oktava MK012s on the acoustics and just a couple of 58s on the vocals. If you'd like me to get into further detail about how I mixed it I can.

It's on the edge between live and studio touching neither completely so a hybrid of sorts. I thought the lead vocal was a wee but loud when it first came in but it seemed to settle in. The backups are perfect level. I listened for processing problems but didn't hear any - I think wthatever you did worked well on the vocals. I would hesitate to change anything :D. Catchy tune and very well performed!

Yep, 1st vocal dominates a bit too much - sounds better when the bvox are in.
A bit a Morrissey & Alex from Arctic Monkeys in the delivery & tone - that's cool.
Yep, the only gripe is the level of the main vocal - pull it a little & you have a lovely bit of music.

Yep, 1st vocal dominates a bit too much - sounds better when the bvox are in.
A bit a Morrissey & Alex from Arctic Monkeys in the delivery & tone - that's cool.
Yep, the only gripe is the level of the main vocal - pull it a little & you have a lovely bit of music.
+1 Great job!!

Back