A Live One

Treeline

Amazing Grace, closing down a solo gig as the last tune. I was getting pretty tired and botched the intro, as well as missing a harmonic at the end (abrupt edit out). But the gig was fun...:D

Hit www icon below...

I do love live recordings.....this sounds pretty good. You gat a decent balance between the roon sound and the instrument....there's enough room to give it a 'space' but not so much that it sounds cavernous.
I liked the second half when you speeded up and started comping....that's cool......reminds me of playing on the parade ground with the other hippie musicians 35 years ago. :)

Nice sound on this one. You're capturing loads of the guitar's sound without it being too boomy. Nice sound on the audience too (they were listening to it - it's lovely when an audience gets quiet for a quiet song). I'm getting a slight static buzz on this though - is that my end, or the recording?

Like that modal stuff in the fast segment. Almost sounds like a dulcimer in places. Really nice.

I just realized something - although the sound's good, it's at its absolute best near the end when you're not nailing the lowest strings very hard. So if you're gonna EQ anything, work the lower end to de-emphasize it a bit. It's still good just the way it is though.

Sounds really nice,sweet guitar!
This is my standard song whenever I'm checking out new gear.
It easily relates to any style or instrument.

Man nice picking,open D?
Great live recording.

Very enjoyable.
Thanks,
Pete

Thanks, guys.

Lt Bob- I know what you mean! I felt like I was porting back to 1971 and only one couple in the room got it. They told me it took them back 40 years...:eek:

Muze, it's in open G - as simple as they come. dobro, the hiss was picked up when I patched the segment from my tracker to the computer. I haven't learned much about finessing stuff, so this is a quick sketch that went analog through the tracker's mains into a sblive card and picked up with n-track. I'm not too surprised it got noisy.

I set the tracker for 24 / 96 and recorded three tracks from the stage mixer subs. It's pretty clean, but I'm having problems bouncing tracks at 96 mHz. I'll figure it out and sooner or later the tunes will sound cleaner, without the unnecessary A/D/D/A conversions. I like editing in n-track, but my card is junk and it quickly overloads the computer. That's one reason I got the tracker.

I just clipped a full minute off the beginning; too much fixing to do. Now to work on some ending harmonics...

Last edited:
sounds like a lawyer playing guitar. he he he he

very nice Tree, and it does carry me back. yo guitar sounds great too.

In the words of Marv Albert...........YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...... nice job, tree. Love fingerstyle, love this tune, love your performance. Live rocks and you kicked ass. giddyup. If you don't mind, I might steal this from you and throw it in my set.

Back