Live!!! Hard Rockin' Tune

Axe4Yahweh

This is an original tune our band used to start our concerts out with.

Disclaimers!

That ain't tape hiss at the beginning of the tune. That's fire breathing high-gain ready to burn yo ears off. No gate on the mixer.

By necessity, it's Two Track Mono.

The Mix is the Mix. No sound man here.

This is how we sound when we are not doing Blues.

It's LOUD!!!

"Thief In The Night" @ http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1352&alid=56

BHS;

CR

Last edited:
You warned me it was live and already mixed, so I'll only comment on the band.

A very good band here.

The guitarist stands out the most to me(That would be you?), very tasty lead work.

You are right about the overdrive...Serious amount.

Good stuff for a live performance.

Are you the singer too?

Hey..How come no one was clapping?
Was this a gig for some Baptists?

:D
VI

Village Idiot said:
You warned me it was live and already mixed, so I'll only comment on the band.

A very good band here.

The guitarist stands out the most to me(That would be you?), very tasty lead work.

You are right about the overdrive...Serious amount.

Good stuff for a live performance.

Are you the singer too?

Was this a gig for some Baptists?

:D
VI
Was this a gig for some Baptists? ROFLWTIME!!! No it wasn't for Baptists. We have been known to leave some folks with their eyes bugging out of their head and mouths wide open. ;) Actually, we generally went directly into the next tune with very little space in between the first and second song.

Yeah, that's me, the ole 70's relic geetarist on lead. Thanks for the comment on the lead work. The Axe is my Axis SS w/Standard Fender style Trem. It's a fun tune to play.

Jeff's doing the vocals. These days, I do backing vocals on the Chrous though. Things are changing and growing in the band.

Thanks for the responce, Bro.

Blessings!

CR

Pretty nice. So this is gospel, eh? Sounds weird, because I haven't heard as jamming gospel tune as this before. Well, maybe your "I Love My Jesus" is jammin' also. Groovin :D

CrankyOne said:
Pretty nice. So this is gospel, eh? Sounds weird, because I haven't heard as jamming gospel tune as this before. Well, maybe your "I Love My Jesus" is jammin' also. Groovin :D
Thanks o'CrankyOne! Means alot comin from you. You make some jammin' music, Bro.

Hey! That reminds me! I have a new mix of "I Love My Jesus" and several other tunes to upload. time for an update. LOL

Glad ya enjoy our brand of Jesus lovin Rock N Blues.

BHS;

CR

This Rocks...I like the band and of course the axe grinder kicks. I am not too knocked out by the singer though, I could have been sung better but a very cool tune overall.

Rockin for the Rock!!!
The King

King Elvis said:
This Rocks...I like the band and of course the axe grinder kicks. I am not too knocked out by the singer though, I could have been sung better but a very cool tune overall.

Rockin for the Rock!!!
The King
Thanks King! Glad ya enjoyed the listen. Jeff is getting better on his vocals all the time and I'm trying to sing a bit myself but it's kinda hard to teach a 48 yr old dog, new tricks. ;)

Blessings!

BHS;

CR

Hey Dude,

Nice crunching tune! I'm sure it gets everyones attention at the shows!:)

You're packing some pretty decent chops. Do you have a studio version of this tune?

Rockin' song,

Theron.

theron said:
Hey Dude,

Nice crunching tune! I'm sure it gets everyones attention at the shows!:)

You're packing some pretty decent chops. Do you have a studio version of this tune?

Rockin' song,

Theron.
Hey Bro! Thanks for the word on my chops!

I believe that somewhere in all those cassettes we recorded Guitars and Drums but no bass for this tune in our last sessions. We record all the Basic tracks Live anyway. ;)

Our "Studio" consists of a room in the basement of the church that we attend. It's about 8x10. LOL But thank God, we have somewhere to do it. The church also allows us to use the Sancturary for rehearsal.

Blessings!!!

CR

Dude,

If your church building is big enough, you should tap into some natural reverb. Toy around with singing and playing that git in different rooms. You might have the coolest "plug-in" around:)

Theron

theron said:
Dude,

If your church building is big enough, you should tap into some natural reverb. Toy around with singing and playing that git in different rooms. You might have the coolest "plug-in" around:)

Theron
Man, I have thought of that myself but at this time we just don't have the bucks for good Condensers to mic room ambiance. The Sancturary is one of the best natural reverb tanks around and some of the Sunday school classes downstairs have some very nice unique sounds themselves.

Blessings!

CR

The lead guit fills were perfect for this song. Nicely played. However, the the rhythm guitar and bass really lay a nice bed for that lead.

I also thought the lead singer didn't have the best voice around. Harnonies would help the song too.

TripleM said:
The lead guit fills were perfect for this song. Nicely played. However, the the rhythm guitar and bass really lay a nice bed for that lead.

I also thought the lead singer didn't have the best voice around. Harnonies would help the song too.
TripleM;

Thanks for the listen and comments on the scats and lead. Yes, Jeff and John did lay down a great bed for that tune, Sharon, our drummer, did a great job too, IMHO. She gets a lil nutz on the cymbals at times, LOL.

Jeff is doing better on his vocals as he gains more confidence in his singing and I started singing backups on this tune as well as several others Tuesday night at rehearsal.

Blessings!

BHS;

CR

Back