Live Footage From Munchausen

Nakatira

That Norwegian Bastard
Hi guys, dont know if this is the right place to put this, but isnce its here I like to hang out I`ll give it a go.

This is Live Footage from our first live gig, wich was on the 25/11/06.

The song wich we play is new, so I would love to hear what you think.

I`ve mixed it as well as I could, This is my first time at mixing live music, a lot of long tracks made it kinda hard, bu in the end it went ok. :)

The Video capture was done by a friend of mine, who I thought did a great job.

Btw I`m the guy in the middle :D

Link: http://munchausen.hovring.com/Mount Prestige.html

I like the sound you've squeezed out. were the vocal fx on while you were playing?

your a big guy, but it looks like your trying to hide within yourself making your stage presance seam guite small. (especially in the beginning, it gets better later on though)

but yeah, I hope you didn't edit it too much, I alway's believe live recordings should repesent how you sound live.

all in all it looks ok, and sounds great.

edit, the guy on the left looks like he's really grooving along tho. give him a high five for me :)

Nak.....I could go on and on about how much I like this, but it would take a few pages. That is simple A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I can't believe how good the sound and video quality are.

But more importantly, you guys are awesome. Tight as hell. Everyone plays REALLY well...and I LOVE that tune.

Rock on, man.......Carry that torch, brother!!!!:)

I heard the music, but didn't get the video..... :confused:

Sounds pretty good man. Do you have a place I can DL the video? I think it's just a setting, but couldn't find it. I'd love to see the show man, as it sounds pretty damn cool.... :cool:

Sorry Dogman, a friend uploaded the vid.

I`m not much on vids.

I think if you get the newest quicktime you should be good to go :)

Nak, sounds great esp for a live recording. The vid wouldn't play however - something about compression software & I couldn't find an update to deal with it.
Enough that it sounds really good.

Thanks ray.

Again My friend mentioned before givin me the address.

That I needed the newest version of Quicktime.

cheers mate :)

Nick; Thanks watchin man, and thanks for the Advice on the stage apperance, I had a very small place to move due to the double bassdrums, But I hope to be more adventrous on later occasions.
thanks agian.

Rami; Thanks for the comments man, I`m glad you dug the tune.
thanks for the great suport man, really apreciated.

And I will carry the tourch with honour :D

Nakatira said:
Hi guys, dont know if this is the right place to put this, but isnce its here I like to hang out I`ll give it a go.

This is Live Footage from our first live gig, wich was on the 25/11/06.

The song wich we play is new, so I would love to hear what you think.

I`ve mixed it as well as I could, This is my first time at mixing live music, a lot of long tracks made it kinda hard, bu in the end it went ok. :)

The Video capture was done by a friend of mine, who I thought did a great job.

Btw I`m the guy in the middle :D

Link: http://munchausen.hovring.com/Mount Prestige.html

I downloaded Quiktime and I couldn't get anything happening!... :( :(

I'll figure something out!

Gorty said:
I downloaded Quiktime and I couldn't get anything happening!... :( :(

I'll figure something out!

Haha Gorty, lets work together to figure this... I can actually see the video but it isn't playing the sound :confused: :confused: Look forward to hearing it :cool:

Hey guys I dont know if this helps but it should be version 7.1 I think.
anyway the newest quicktime.

I`m sorry you guys cant watch it, I`ll give my friend a call tomorrow :o

I DL'd the latest Quicktime, and it played....Naka...that kicks ass!!!!

It was killer to see you guys playing live....good footage, and great sound from the camera.... :D

Damn, thar was fun.... :cool:

Thanks Dogman, glad you liked it, it was a blast doing it, even if we look a bit restrained.

Glad to hear it worked on your computer as well.

Very expressive vocal. Nice sound on the gtrs. Well rehearsed band.

How was it recorded?

I can't get the vid to work either and I just updated Quicktime.

very very kick ass! i wish i had as awsome of vids when my band was playing out:(

wouldn't matter cuz we were never ever that good! you guys rock!

You guys are all very polished, and you got a great sound. Amazing that you captured it so well live. How did you record it?

Nak,
I downloaded QT 7.3 especially for your vid. (not a fan of apple software but for your vid - no worries).
All I can say is EX SA LENT.
It's always great to hear/hear of something from the forum being played live but it's extra nice to see something being performed.
Good work from the drummer re bvox too.
Good recording & nice to hear a decent stereo image with the pix.
Well done & THANKS for opp. to see a northern hemisphere band (extremely north really) stretching out.

Timothy Lawler said:
Very expressive vocal. Nice sound on the gtrs. Well rehearsed band.

How was it recorded?

I can't get the vid to work either and I just updated Quicktime.

Thanks Tim.

Its typical when you use apple software, that something isent working, happens all the time to me to.

I have the 7.1 version and it works on my computer.

Glad you liked it.

It was recorded through a fostex 24 track digital recorder, directly from the outs of the mixing board.

I think we used around 20 tracks.

Aftert that it was dumped over on a my computers hardrive.

I then tried with best effort to mix it as well as I could, it became a bit dry and (Little) live sounding.
As we dident have any mikes in the audience, the only audience sound you`ll hear is comming from the stage mics.

The camera sounds was very distorted and impossible to use.

I added a bit of effects and I did some panning.

I added compression and eq on the Kick, snare and the bass guitar.
A bit eq on the guitars, and the comp eq and verb (delay) on the vox.
So it wasent doctored tha much.

Btw I cut a lot of frequencies both low and high on the main vox mic to avoid all the rumble and high frequent spill.

I think would have sounded way better if we had a sdc pair in the audience, but there`s allways a next time.

Were planning on doing a four camera take on a later occasion. ;)

turtlishous said:
very very kick ass! i wish i had as awsome of vids when my band was playing out:(

wouldn't matter cuz we were never ever that good! you guys rock!

Thanks mate your to kind, highly apreciated.

Bulls Hit said:
You guys are all very polished, and you got a great sound. Amazing that you captured it so well live. How did you record it?

I mentioned a bit about the recording in the response I gave to Tim.

It might be a bit to polished, but It was the best I could do, It was very hard mixing it, my computer crashed a few times due to all the long tracks, as I dident mix this track by track.
I did a whole hour of mixing, and then cut it into tracks after i mixed it down to stereo.

Thanks for the nice comments man. :)

Back