Thread: Live Classical Recording

Thanks

Live Classical Recording

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi all...

I posted this brief (52 second) snippet on the "Recording Techniques" board...thought I'd also post it here.

I recorded a Piano Quartet on Saturday night in West Redding, Connecticut. I was very pleased with the results. Used my Akai DPS16, Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro mixer, and three mics...A C1, a B1, and an AKG C1000s.

Would appreciate your feedback, as always. Once you click on the link, you'll be looking for the "Beethoven" track....

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2533&alid=-1

Thanks
    Was this in a live setting or a studio. It sounds great and I wish you posted more. I own many classical quartet cds and this sounds like a very professional job.

Thanks
    Thanks, ashulman....

It was live...recorded at a Unitarian church....about 150 people in attendance. The acoustics were great in that there was a carpet on the floor (it's a "modern" church), and the carpet deadened the sound. I put the mics up real close to the players, including one (the C1) almost inside the grand piano (at the far end, away from the pianist).

I also own a lot of classical cds, and while I don't think my recording is quite up to snuff with some of those, I am very, very pleased with how it turned out. It was a lot of fun.

Thread Information