Live Blues Tune.

Yo' JB, this slammie is floooooooooowin'!!! Felt I was in a jook joint! Give the bassist a lil flavor by adding some freq'y boost at
65-70hz(though I realize this was captured live). The rock/blues style on the lead git was fresh,fun & funky! Drummer did a great job of enhancing the changes and added excellent accentuation of riffs!

This jammy was on point! I WAS FEELIN' THIS HARD!!!
So hard, I burned this to C/D to add to my HR.COM collection!

Cool man! Glad you like it. They are some talented musicians! I'll make the change and repost it!
Jason

:cool: Cool! Jammin' Jump Blues Toon! Bass and Drums holding everything together just right. Guitarist has done his woodshedding and is definately starting to come out with his own style.

The only suggestions that I may have is just a touch of Verb on the Vox. Some crowd noise at the beginning and end would be nice for a live toon, too.

How did you record this? What equipment did you use. I'm wanting to get into some live remotes myself.

Good work!

Thanks for kind words Axe! There wasn't very much of a crowd there, so the crowd noise is minimal. That's something i've thought about, since they are looking for this to be a demo cd, I was thinking of ways to add more applause to it. Can you download an effect like that? Or, would I be better off, taking many samples from all of the tracks, and combining them into one larger effect? That seems to be the better way to do it...has anyone ever tried that? Any tips?
The way that I recorded it was this: For all of the vocals, I came straight out of the mixer and into Sonar using TRS cables plugged the first click into the inserts on the vocal channels. For the guitar, drums, and the bass, they were all captured with two small diaphram condensor Mics, Oktava MC012's . That was it.
I intended to take a large diaphram condenser Mic with me ( KSM 44) but I forgot to take it! So, I was a little worried that the small mics might not pick up the low freq. stuff. But, as you can tell, they did a fantastic job!!
It was all recorded into a Dell laptop PC, via RME Multiface and Sonar 1.3 . All the effects used and mastering was done with Ozone 2.0 .
I'm glad it's getting favorable reviews so far! Most of the stuff that I post doesn't.

good jam! some bass drum would be cool.. I don't hear it at all.. it sounds live.. not sure if your tracking this or just capturing a live performance, but it's very light in the bass area..heard some strange high pitched thing.. maybe the bass clipping or something..

Back