Little some something brewing d-n-b

swival

Just looking for some critique on a song I am working on. Dark DnB style. I have noticed the bass is a little heavy on some speakers. I still have lot's of ideas for it though... Any comments welcome (bad or good)

[This message has been edited by swival (edited 05-05-2000).]

Interesting.....in my opinion the percussion/brushy/snare at the beginning and other places could be complimented by having the kick drum panned hard the opposite direction when it comes in.....the opposite panning would give a more spatial feel...the bass was pretty much in the middle where it needed to be...didn't bother my speakers at all...not being into techno, I really only appreciate beats as being the backbone of this type of music, I don't have the knowledge to comment on the use of effects in techno....the feel was nicely energetic in the cut without sounding too robotic....gibs

swival,

Good job so far. The beats are good, but needs some more sounds to punch the piece up. Good structure. As far as the bass, it didn't seem to dominate things to me. If you want to thin it out, maybe you should try some filtering... maybe some notching out ~120 to 200 Hz and also taking out the deep bottom below 40 Hz. It may be a start.

Rev E

swival, that was funky. I don't think the bass was too harsh on my end. I'd have to play it in my Jeep and see if it throws my cone around. Good job.

Back