...little jazz guitar tune

:cool: Sounding pretty good through these lousy computer speakers. Some nice playing too. I would'nt sweat the going direct to your recording device. I do the same thing all the time with the Telecaster and the Delta 66. I actually like the clean tone it gives you. Guess I'm strange. :D

Very very cool. Nice creamy sound on the guitars. My tastes in tone have shifted this way over the years. More of a hollow body tone. What are you playing on this?

Nice tones & playing. the bongos/toms could use a little lift & the gtr in the L channel pops up quite suddenly in vol for a quick lick - that was unexpected - was it intentional?

Chris,
Thanks for listening. I checked out your tunes….they take me home….I’m from Galway….

Track Rat,
Glad that you liked it….the lead guitar is a ’74 SG custom on the neck p/u direct into a DMP3…that’s it. Tracked with Cakewalk Guitar Tracks with small echo and reverb from the built in effects. Strings are probably 6 months old...maybe that's it!

Metalhead28
….thanks for taking the time …no metal here, but I just got a new Maxon 808 overdrive and I can’t wait to slam the tubes in my Mesa Boogie…

rayC,
You just picked up on my two gripes with my recordings in general….the L guitar volume pop – unwanted, unintentional be unfortunately expected. I play the (buried) rhythm guitar parts, by finger plucking all the strings together and my right hand control varies – I could re-track and fix – famous last words!
The drums and percussion are a single-track loop, so I can’t separate out the percussion, but I’ll try a little lift. Most of my drums are rock loops (Beta Monkey) and this tune sounded dead using those loops. Then I found this Pro Sessions Latin loop on an M-Audio Demo CD and the tune just came alive, - I still can’t believe what a difference the drum/procession loop made….I think that I am going to get some Pro Sessions loops!

Thanks,
Dara

Very very nice!

I'd like to hear an extended version of this tune. I hope you plan on doing that. :cool:

Depending on your recording software you should be able to automate the faders to dip during that little loud bit.
As before this is a sweet piece of playing.

Back