A Little Holiday Cheer...

gbacklin

Well to add to the spirit of the season, here is a tune from last night's concert from my daughter's high school choir.

Happy Holidays Everyone !

Take Care,
Gene

Nice arrangement and nicely performed. Pretty good for a high school choir.

Recording is not great, but not bad for capturing a live performance. There seems to be some noise/hiss in the track.

How was it recorded?

Thank you all for listening.

The noise....Ahhh yes. This room is a theater and is not acoustically pleasing at all. It is good for the Theater group, the seats are comfortable...but that noise. There is humming from the lights, there is buzzing from the Heating and Ait Conditioning. In addition the side of the theater open up to the hallways that suck in everthing and direct it to the theater main stage, wood floors, wood risers...etc. You name it, this room has it !

However, with that in mind I do the best I can to avoid it as much as I can. Mics were set up in ORTF and a mic in the middle, sort of a mini Decca tree.

I really enjoy the spirit of these kids. It is so refresing to go and listen to them with their real dedication. It is a plus that I can capture these performances so there is a record for them to take with them as they move on in their lives.

Thanks again for your kind words !

Take Care,
Gene

Back