Thread: a little different

Thanks

a little different

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here's an instrumental thing I did. The drums are fake, but somebody else had them already done so I just peiced it together with all the guitars which I recorded myself. I will be putting real drums in later.

http://www.myspace.com/thechampionweekend

Thanks
    Dude....I seriously like this. I'm always a big fan of adding electronic sounds with more traditional styles of music. You know it's a little hard to stick with being an instrumental and all but I LOVE the part at 1:44. The synth part is catchy as hell and the gtrs are rippin' behind it.

I'm not sure if it's myspace but the audio definitely seemed squished and I would suggest adding some mids to the distorted guitars to give them more of an edge. They seem a little hollow.

just my 2 cents.

Cool tune.

Thanks
    Thanks man, 'preciate the comments. I hate to sound pretentious, but I really think the tune carries itself even though it's an instrumental. It's chill enough to be background music, but if you listen closely there's all kinds of stuff going on at any given moment. Unfortunately I didn't write it, but I REALLY enjoyed playing and recording it.

hmm... I might just keep the drums like they are.

Thanks
    The cymbal in the right channel is a bit relentless & dominates the space. Pull it back & the rest is great. I also like the mix of technologies.
    Cheers
    rayC

Thread Information