little clip recorded with podxt... need some help

s34nsm411

http://media.putfile.com/generic-metalcore-clip

im trying to get a powerful in your face guitar tone, but i feel like im still missing some of the punch and clarity ive heard other pod recordings get

what i did was, recorded 4 tracks, two of which are the harmony part and pan them 100l 50l 50r 100r with the two right ones the harmony tracks. i also eqed each track a little differently. any tips on refining this process?

Try recording 4 takes with each track having the exact same POD setting with no eq after it's recorded.

Also, I find that most POD models sound best with the low, mid, high, and presense between the 10 and 2 o'clock positions.....with no verb.

I would try and eq just one of the tracks, to get a sound you are really happy with, then try this same eq on the remaining tracks.
Your clip sounded pretty good to me. Just mess with some eq if you want to get it to sound a bit deeper, or something.

sounds ok but you're gonna prolly have to use a high pass filter on all the tracks once you throw a bassline in there. If I had 4 guitar parts with 2 harmonizing I'd put the main riff at 7 & 2 o'clock and the harmony at 10 and 5 o'clock. The two closer to centre I'd cut the bottom end off so they don't mulch with the kick and toms and bass

Just my way of doing things, sounds pretty good as is though.

Dogman said:
I would try and eq just one of the tracks, to get a sound you are really happy with, then try this same eq on the remaining tracks.
Your clip sounded pretty good to me. Just mess with some eq if you want to get it to sound a bit deeper, or something.

I agree with DOGMAN - who also happens to have a killer POD sound.... :D

Back