Listen to my song

hubble

I asked questions earlier on compression and making everything sound "seperated" and "isolated" so that it would be clear. (I know I know, not everybody likes that approach) Anyways, I'm not very happy with the guitars but I really liked most of the mix, let me know what you would do to improve it. Don't worry about being brutally honest, I take constructive critism well and actually improve.

Unfortunately, there's no vocals yet and I only had time to quickly post it on shitty myspace. It's the first song.

www.myspace.com/unrestrainedstudios

Hi

I like the song and I think it's pretty well mixed. The snare sound is a bit crisp, can you lower the tone a bit ? I like the title.

Nice work.

/Jack Real

hmmm... about the snare. I'm wondering if the snare sound is just my style. I say that because usually when I'm listening to other people's mixes, I almost always want the snare to be a bit more crisp while most others don't seem to mind.

Perhaps I can just lower the volume of the snare. Do you think that may be a good compramise?

I thaught it was pretty good. Lyrics will help it out alot also and once the you get some lyrics, the arrangement may change. Get a soundclick page and post songs there. High quality on Soundclick (128k) is better than myspace player. I had no problems with the guitar sound, but Im not the one who played it. The musician playing always finds fault quicker than the listener. The only fault I heard (my opinion) was the length of the intro (keyboard or whatever was used). I was about ready to stop playing it because I thaught it was going to be some new wave dance pop song thing. :) Then the guitars came in and I said ok I will listen. Maybe shorten the intro up or start with the first guitar part to get out attention then do the keyboard thing and the rest of the tune.

HAHAHAHA...yeah. I can definately understand what you're saying about the intro. Perhaps I should cut it in half. (it's all guitar by the way) And I think the arrangement of the song is sorta odd, but I'm hoping it'll flow more naturally when vox are added.

I'm a bit surprised you weren't bothered by the guitars. Anyone else slightly annoyed by the distorted gits? Maybe I just listened to it too many times, but I think they're just "okay".

Oh and about soundclick, I created an account yesterday and it just seemed to take forever to do anything on that site. (probably because I never saw that site until yesterday so I didn't know what I was doing) But in the future, I'll get rid of the myspace page.

I like distorted guitar. Listen to my shit. The changes are great and I agree the vocals will totally change your outlook on the tune. I need to start putting lyrics to some of my ideas to see where they go. But I cant sing worth a crap. Ive been told with a lot of practice I would be better :)

hubble said:
hmmm... about the snare. I'm wondering if the snare sound is just my style. I say that because usually when I'm listening to other people's mixes, I almost always want the snare to be a bit more crisp while most others don't seem to mind.

Perhaps I can just lower the volume of the snare. Do you think that may be a good compramise?

Hi

The volume is fine, I guess it's just a matter of taste. Keep it like that.

/Jack Real

Hey guys, I just listened to this song in my home stereo for the first time and I noticed a lot of minor differences. The bass was a little out of place for instance and the high hat sounded like it may be a bit to loud. (some other things) Can anyone else tell me if they heard some of these problems on their monitors? I'm not sure if my monitors are inaccurate or if my stereo is.

Thanks.

The intro is too quiet - it should at least build up a little if not be louder overall.
The bass doesn't really seem to stand up on its own. I'm listening through a stereo & NOT computer speakers.

I think it's mixed pretty well. Are these sampled drums with a live player? I can't tell. the cymbals sound programmed. The snare is fine though. Maybe a bit thin. Maybe drop the high end a bit and make it a smidgen louder. The guitars are good though dude.

Back