Listen to my new song.

"Disclaimer: This page was so very "Microsoft Frontpage."
... that I couldnt get it to play in Netscape. I`ll try later in the evil E browser.

Listening...

Could use some separation and/or chorus-doubling in the guit-fiddles...

The guitars have a "direct" flavor to them, but not really a "bad" direct flavor.

Some mighty decent playing. I love it when guys with talent actually "play something" instead of just the same 'ol fretboard masturbation.

Cool ending - It leave a question mark in the mind.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Im on my computer speakers so I won't try and make any mix comments. I just wanted to compliment you on your guitar playing. The short break with the sweeping fills was a nice touch.
Is that one lick from the song everyone plays on piano lol? I think its called "Heart and Soul"? You know the song they play in the movie "Big" on the giant Keyboard hahah.

Massive Master said:
Listening...

Could use some separation and/or chorus-doubling in the guit-fiddles...

The guitars have a "direct" flavor to them, but not really a "bad" direct flavor.

Some mighty decent playing. I love it when guys with talent actually "play something" instead of just the same 'ol fretboard masturbation.

Cool ending - It leave a question mark in the mind.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

I used a Vox Tonelab for all the guitar sounds. I was going for a raw, kind-of-vintage type tone.......a big change for me, my main amp is a Bogner Uberschall.

I was definately trying to write a memorable guitar melody song, not a guitar workout. LOL.

Thanks a lot for listening. I'm pretty new at the whole home recording thing. I'm always looking for input, and encouragement.

Wireneck said:
Im on my computer speakers so I won't try and make any mix comments. I just wanted to compliment you on your guitar playing. The short break with the sweeping fills was a nice touch.
Is that one lick from the song everyone plays on piano lol? I think its called "Heart and Soul"? You know the song they play in the movie "Big" on the giant Keyboard hahah.

Thanks for your kind words.

.......as I was trying out different solo ideas over the progression. I just started playing Heart and Soul, and it fit. LOL. So, I went with it.

good playing man. Now to the mix. The drums..I dug everything but the kick...Holy shi=t man...did you have wax paper over the kick drum head? sure sounds like it. That puppy needs to have some depth and balls.
The only bass I heard was the rhythm guitar power chords. This track is begging for a strong, defined bass part.
I liked the guitar sounds The lead gtr was mixed up front like us guitar players like it!

FIRESOLE said:
good playing man. Now to the mix. The drums..I dug everything but the kick...Holy shi=t man...did you have wax paper over the kick drum head? sure sounds like it. That puppy needs to have some depth and balls.
The only bass I heard was the rhythm guitar power chords. This track is begging for a strong, defined bass part.
I liked the guitar sounds The lead gtr was mixed up front like us guitar players like it!

The drums are actually all DFH samples loaded into the DR008 sampler. I did all the step programming in Sonar 3.

I'm really struggling with bass guitar sounds. I would love a strong and defined bass part. Definately the number 1 thing I need to get better at.

.......any suggestions?

Thanks for listening.

Someone mentioned the kick. I was ok with the kick actually, there's some artifacts going on in my right speaker coming from the high hat though. Maybe too much ambience. The song itself is really tight. Very nice work

great playing. Good sound. I'm a fan. You remind me of Pete lespearance from Harem Scarem one of the most under rated players in music. Cheers

Back