Like Champs!

Kerfoot32

All feedback on this punk mix appreciated!

Attachments

• Like Champs mix in progress.mp3
    6.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Have you applied HP filters on the drums, guitars, and mix bus? I'm pretty sure I'm hearing some garbage stuff way down low adding up and clouding up the low end.

Guitars, otherwise sound pretty good. It's the kick that's pretty muddy/blobby. I can hardly hear the bass, as well. I can tell it';s there, but I can't really pick it out too well, tone-wise.

I'm listening on phones and the mix sounds good except the bass does need a bit more. Either volume or midrange to pull it out some. A suggestion for the pre solo sections would be to have a low level, heavily distorted, raging guitar solo or repeating lick working the background from start to solo - if it hooks into the solo, even better. Just loud enough to be slightly detectable, not to stand out.

I like the song. I like raging through a tune start to finish :guitar:

Got a live aspect to it which is good. Great energy. Only thing that poked out to me was the kick has a kind of clippy cloppy tone to it

Fun tune! Punk at it's best! Great lyrics and vox! Agreed that the kick sounds a little too.. something.. for this style of music. Too thick? Too loud? Too "muddy"? It's the only thing in this song that stands out to me as not quite right. Otherwise, It's spot on as far as I'm concerned.

This is great. It immediately reminded me of the early Green Day records. I absolutely did NOT expect the kinda flashy guitar solo given the punk vibe, which was a nice surprise. The vocals are very well done, but maybe just a touch too high in the mix - wouldn't mind hearing the crunchy rhythm guitars getting boosted up a little bit. It's not a perfect mix but the overall production suits the vibe of the song well. Good work!

There seems to me a bit of disconnect in the mix. But it is punk so whatever I say means shit anyway. :)

Lead vocals seem to have more mids and low end than the kick drum and bass guitar. I would suggest a start of looking as to why that is.

Like the tune! Not sure you want to hear that tho... lol!

Much better mix at start. Until the vox come in. Vocals easily 4 dB too loud.

Dude, relax... Listen to what you hear. It is heavy and has movement as a song until the voice happens, and the heavy goes away with so much vocal.

Let me guess, are you the singer?

No I am not the singer. I feel like when I turn the vocals down lots of lyrics get buried. But I'll take your word for it.

Back