Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Light" (An original, that I am VERY proud of)

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    For some reason or another, I was struck with inspiration the other day, and sat down for a few hours and recorded this. I am VERY proud of this song, and I would like to know what you think.
    The Light
    Thanks guys.

-Adam.

Thanks
    Hi propman, pretty cool tune, but some parts of it I like more than others. The synth sound which drives the musical melody is very cool, but overall the song is too tech heavy for my tastes. Your voice is very good, and works well on the verses, but I really wish Autotune (or whatever pitch correcting program you used on the chorus vocal) had never been invented. In my opinion, that effect on the chorus vox turns a really cool song into something trite and commercial. But that's just my taste. Maybe that's what you were going for.

Overall very close to being very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmahon View Post
    Hi propman, pretty cool tune, but some parts of it I like more than others. The synth sound which drives the musical melody is very cool, but overall the song is too tech heavy for my tastes. Your voice is very good, and works well on the verses, but I really wish Autotune (or whatever pitch correcting program you used on the chorus vocal) had never been invented. In my opinion, that effect on the chorus vox turns a really cool song into something trite and commercial. But that's just my taste. Maybe that's what you were going for.

Overall very close to being very cool. Thanks for sharing.
    Actually what you are hearing is not autotune. I sang each note of that part individually, and patched them together. Autotune would not have sounded that good.

Thanks
    The synth reminds me of Being Boiled by the original Human League - it works really well.
    The spliced vocal stuff in the chorus is interesting - not heavy handed as in Cher et al but obviously deliberate.
    As things progressed I missed the heavy & rather ominous synth's dominance but it fits well at the level you've given it & the melody carries the song well anyway.
    Good stuff!

Thanks
    i really like the vocal effect during the chorus and everything sounds great as far as tone and the mix of it. cool song. two thumbs up.

Thanks
    The vocal splices worked well with no discernable clip or crackle. I would have said Autotune too. The effect was melodic and not bad as some stuff out there. I think the whole mix is good, it's a catchy tune and you should indeed give yourself some kudos for a job well done...

Thanks
    Wow, I can understand you being proud of this....
    Very catchy tune, nice arrangement, great singing. I really liked the vocal effect in the chorus. I do feel a bit of Human League or Depeche Mode influence, only you're better and and don't get on my nerves like they did! Nice recording, well done!

Joe
    current CD "Angels Fall" available for download at:
    http://joeym.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Lol. Very 80's sounding. Not bad. I like the chorus vocal effect for this song. I think anywhere else I'd shit all over something sounding like that, but it sounds just right for this song. Very creative and well done.

The only thing I don't like are the cheesey casio sounding handclaps. Do some real claps in there mixed in with some finger snaps. It'll sound cool.

Thanks
    I love the chorus melodies with the vocal effect, really cool. The song itself is well written, its a little bit porcupine tree-ish in places (listen to in absentia)

I think it would benefit from the addition of an instrument or 2 that isn't from a synth, but thats just what I would do. I wouldn't mind a solo as well, just to break it up.

Overall very nice work. The synth work is nicely constructed, and it doesn't get on top of itself, which is normally what happens when I try to work a synth

Keep it up, I would like to hear more

Thanks
    Really smooth Adam. My 9 yr old girl absolutely loves it !

Y'know, if someone described this tune to me...the instrumentation, vocal effects, etc., I would guess that I would hate it, but you make it work somehow. Pretty fun listen and seems to be an excellent mix to my ears. A nice melody - I particularly like the background vocals that come in on either side during the chorus. I too was thrown by the hand claps, but what do I know?...I am out of my element here to be sure. The power~cower~shower segment struck me as odd, but I am by no means a lyricist. Love the synthy accent sounds during that portion though. Really nice job!

Thread Information