Let's start a Quest of MT-Masters from any commercial song (Boost your understanding)

underp

Maybe one of the reasons of why so many people are stuck with their "garage sound", is because of the selfishness in the music industrie with multi-track projects, sessions, equipment, etc.

I know it takes lot of time and dedication, to make the things work in a specific direction, and it's not fair to let those secrets to propague, because we all know that some people don't use that knowledge to be creative in other ways. A lot of them just STEAL the ideas.

But let's face it; At this point, the music industrie is a total mess already, and there are so many untalented ones making money with stolen knowledge, while some others are dying to make their dreams come true.

Is there any reason to keep that locked ? and not boost our understading ?

I still cannot conceive those hypocrites who invites you, to have fun with your recordings.

I don't want to have fun. I want to move on.

Secrets? There are secrets? I thought, just like in any profession, you learn with experience. And unlike many professions, this is not an exact science. Sure there are certain rules that apply across the board, but every situation is different, based on things like the type of music, who's playing it, how they play it, the final result they're trying to acheive...And less tangible things like, the size of a room, the equipment you're using, etc...I thought phase cancellation was a "secret" until I learned more about how to avoid it. Secrets??? I think not. Like anything else, I get better at this the more I do it...In the meant time, I am having fun.

underp said:
Maybe one of the reasons of why so many people are stuck with their "garage sound", is because of the selfishness in the music industrie with multi-track projects, sessions, equipment, etc.

I know it takes lot of time and dedication, to make the things work in a specific direction, and it's not fair to let those secrets to propague, because we all know that some people don't use that knowledge to be creative in other ways. A lot of them just STEAL the ideas.

But let's face it; At this point, the music industrie is a total mess already, and there are so many untalented ones making money with stolen knowledge, while some others are dying to make their dreams come true.

Is there any reason to keep that locked ? and not boost our understading
What "secrets"???? :rolleyes:

There are no "secrets" - just good recording technique and experience...

underp said:

It's not about the money - or at least it shouldn't be. Otherwise all you're making is a commercial. What you're saying is that people are dying to make a living at music or to get rich doing it and that it's not fair. I'd say those people have it all backwards and should take more of a zen approach.

I like to write music and record it and whether you like it or hate it at least it's not trying to sell you something.

underp said:

I still cannot conceive those hypocrites who invites you, to have fun with your recordings.

If you don't want to have fun, you should not be making music. It must be fun first or it will lack feel and enthusiasm.....just like most of the shit on the radio.

I really think that you need to focus more on what YOU are doing and how to get the best sound YOU are capable of, and focus a whole lot less on what the industry is doing. There are no secrets. If you are good, people will notice and give you credit due. But if your abitions are to get to the highest levels of the industry, you really do need to be connected. It does not matter to them one bit how good you are. Who you know and how you can be sold is all the matters at that level.

underp said:

:confused: :confused: What color was the pill you took before you wrote this?

My approach is to just have fun with the music and not write it for anybody or even take it too seriously. Just having the freedom of doing whatever I want without having to worry about some structure I have to follow or set of somewriting rules or something. All my music was written for myself/my own inspirations and then I see if other people like it and that's really cool if they do. Of course people who depend on being a musician probably have to conform some, but it seems to me a lot of artists you hear on the radio today do too much.

Though, I don't agree with the "t0ne" of the original post... I would have to say that there are ares in recording that people do not like discussing. For example: One of the hardest instruments to track is bass. Actually, a more acurate statement would be... one of the hardest instruments to track and mix is bass. People avoid the subject like the plague... I have seen people discuss capturing the initial tracks... i.e. mic'ing, DI and string mic'ing... but working with those tracks seems to be, what could be deemed as an "industry secret" that people don't like sharing.

With all that said... this probably isn't the appropriate place for this thread. And... working on these types of issues is half the fun of recording (as frustrating as it may get sometimes).

Peace and love and the ocassional well placed tactical missle,

Chris

Yeah I agree, recording/playing is fun but can very frustrating at times. As long as the fun parts outweigh the frustrating parts it's all good :p

I could have made it as a professional baseball player, but those damn pros just wouldn't give the "secret" to making it into the big leagues. Selfish bastards. I even met a few once, got their autographs. I asked them "So, guys, what's the big secret to making it???" And they gave me this tired old crap about "practice, pratice, enjoy what you're doing, work at it...study what the pros do...be the best you can be....blah blah blah..." I just couldn't get that "SECRET" from them. Arseholes!!!

After much treacherous research, I have discovered the secret to that pro sound that everyone wants. I can't go into specifics, but it has something to do with this vacuum tube device:

Attachments

• tubes (450 x 307).jpg
    tubes (450 x 307).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 68
metalhead28 said:
After much treacherous research, I have discovered the secret to that pro sound that everyone wants. I can't go into specifics, but it has something to do with this vacuum tube device:
You bastard!!! You told!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

:p :p

I was walking down the street in New York the other day, and some guy with a guitar walked up to me and said "How do I get to Madison Square Garden?"...I said, "Practice".

WOoow! :eek: I've had one of those bad boys sitting in the whole other half of my room for ages, never thought it'd help!

underp said:

HUH? :confused:

metalhead28 said:
Yeah man, I picked up the plug-in version of that unit so I should be sounding pro in no time, baby!
Man, can you get me an illeagal version of that bad boy? I really need some kickass too many tubes sound for my voice.....and I hear Bruce has 2 of em and won't share. :D

Dogman said:
...and I hear Bruce has 2 of em and won't share.
Fuuuuuuuuuccckkkkk!!! :mad:

First metalhead28 and now you... can't you guys shut your fuckin' yaps???? Do you want EVERYONE to know the freakin' secret!!?!?!??! :cool:

Blue Bear Sound said:
Fuuuuuuuuuccckkkkk!!! :mad:

First metalhead28 and now you... can't you guys shut your fuckin' yaps???? Do you want EVERYONE to know the freakin' secret!!?!?!??! :cool:
Share it with us, or we tell christian/ted/mystery all your secrets..... :D

Ok, you really bought 2 for a specific purpose.....1 to shit on, and one to cover it up with..... :eek:

Back