lets hear those tape recorded recordings

kylosius

I Like Rusty Spoons
ok, there have been posts for the crappy 4 track, 8 track and crappy punk recordings, now lets hear what you did on one of those radio shack tape recorders. i've done a couple (aka about 30) and when i dig the tapes out i'll post some, but for now lets hear what you guys got.

How about a crappy highschool punk band done on (I believe it was) 8 track machine.

The guy singing in this thought he was Johnny Rotten. <Laugh>

That didnt sound bad. In fact some of Realistics tape recorders were fine machine built by who knows, with the Realistic name stuck on the front.

Ha, lets have fun.... Not to give away my age or anything but, here's one from the early 70's. Just me and my best friend playing here. And we were in our teens. Recorded on a old Radio Shack. I still have it. My dad passed it on to me when he passed.
Jeffs Jam

Flash said:
Ha, lets have fun.... Not to give away my age or anything but, here's one from the early 70's. Just me and my best friend playing here. And we were in our teens. Recorded on a old Radio Shack. I still have it. My dad passed it on to me when he passed.
Jeffs Jam

Was that incense I smelled burning? :)

I think the burning smell was coming from something wrapped in a white paper.....

Laugh, we're so creative as teens!

realistic=radioshack studios presents:

Man, I could not help but add something to this thread! I just visited my parents a few weeks ago, to take what I wanted out of my old room, before they clean it out…for good! And lo and behold – I found all my old highschool tapes! These things are 11 YEARS old! I cant believe how time just flies instantly away….this thread is making me all nostalgic…

Anyways, check out “highschooltrack1” and “highschooltrack2”. That’s me on guitar, and my best buds at the time on bass, drums and vocals (the vocalist really good after high school – just needed time to find his own voice). This was recorded in a barn, at some party, with a realistic “ghetto blaster” tucked away in the corner. Besides the tape hiss, I cant believe it picked up everything so well…we had all of our amps on 11!!! Can you tell who my main overwhelming influences were at the time? I think Nirvana was the sh*t back then – but I wanted nothing to do with that sound…!!!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/teainthesahara/singles

People, I was such a nerd back then. Then I go to this party. Play guitar. Chicks that ignored me for years finally notice me. But I’m in a barn. I get allergies by the end of the night. One big sneezy mess I become.……and all chances for leaving nerd-dome are dashed that night....

Back