Lets Go

BushmasterM4

Ok, I had surgery a couple weeks ago and my wife has banned me from the studio until I am cleared by the doc. Well she took off today to go shopping, sooo, I went out and played a little. I have a neck brace so its kind of awkward to play. But I managed to do a cover of The Cars tune "Lets Go". It kind of sucks but I got my fix of playin for awhile. Though I do hurt like hell now. Time for meds and the recliner. When I converted it to mp3 the guitars sort of went south and the bass drum went north. Didnt convert very well. I didnt convert in real time which I usually do. But I was hurtin and ready to quit. Let me know how it sounds. Its on my soundclick page, link below.

Yeah, it didn't convert very well.... but at least the playing isn't that bad considering.

My only nit is that there doesn't seem to be any bass (unless it's just not translating well on my system).

And the tempo seems to be a little slower than the original. But that's not a bad thing. I hate to hear covers that are so close to the original that they shouldn't have been made.

Get some rest and stay off the damn equipment so you don't permanently injure yourself!

Pretty cool, looks like the Rock Hall rubbed off on ya.:cool:

My main nit would be the keyboard, since I am a keyboard guy. I suggest a different patch, maybe something with portamento. I agree with Rokket that a cover doesnt have to mimic the original. It just works so well in the original that I think it would work here too.

The vox actually sound like Ben Orr at times. A few faulty intonation spots, but nobody's perfect and that's why God invented autotune. Fun listen.:cool:

I like the night life baby!

Lol. pretty cool. You played the drums witha neck brace on?

And I like covers that sound exactly like the originals. ;)

The original mix sounded pretty even. I could easily hear all things going on. Im gonna reconvert the tune in real time tomorrow. The drums had alot of over-dubs :) . Thanks for listening and Im gonna take it easy tomorrow. Football games !!!!

Back