let me know if this sounds alright to you

It just sounds too present. It also sounds very small-roomy. That could be tough to deal with, but cutting in the 3-4kHz range on the guitar would be a good start. It's also very mono for most of it, try some panning on the guitar, maybe something other than compression to make the vocal bigger.

Dosn't sound too bad...the compression doesn't seem to squish it too badly. It's bold and bright. I seewhat ms means by present... a smattering more reverb or delay on the stereo mix might push it back a touch. Nice sound on the guitars and the vocals overall though - I like it. Good arrangement and performance....

:) :D :) :D

I really like the guitar.

I agree about the vocals though, they sound a little too compressed/muffled for me.

thanks for the replies. i'm going to post about this in the mixing forum but might as well ask here as well. Where do you guys usually put your guitars in the stereo field when there is only one guitar? the one in this track is just a tad off of the center, it seems like things started sounding unbalanced when i got it further off to the side. do i need to make a reverb track opposite of the side the guitar is on to balance it out? i've tried just doubling the guitar, but i really kindof want it to keep the single guitar feel to it while still seeming balanced.

Back