Let Me Get Some Feedback

lethalastro

Hello everyone. I got this new track that i did a couple of weeks back. Could you all gimme some comments/feedback on it? Critique everything, lol! I want to know if i am in the right direction with what i am doing lyrically, production-wise, and mixing-wise/mastering-wise. The beat isn't mapped out all the way (there are still breaks and whatnot that i want to put in it). I would appreciate the replies tremendously. Thanx.

Also, i am trying to get more active here on the site, so if you guys want me to comment on your material, i wouldnt mind. again, thanx for your time and have a great day.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=304491

the track is "let me tell you"

The main synth is a lil too "treble" for me. Its a lil annoying, maybe a sound with less "noise" in it, it has like a static sound.

The rest is fine. I am about as far from your target audience as you can find :D but it sounds good.

PERSONALLY:

I find it somewhat boring to say the n-word so many times. We get the point, you guys probably said it 30 times ;) I dont mind the word in this context, I just dont find it very creative. There are other words that can express the same emotion. Its not about being offensive, the limited rap I like is highly CREATIVE. The sound is good, the drum stuff good, the vox are clean and I can understand them. :cool:

I like it alot for the exception of the synth. Its a little to loud in the mix. Just my opinion coming from a metal head punker. I love the beat, killer bass.

Yeah, the synth takes the attention away from the vox. I hi-cut would do the job I think.

The snare sounds uber-cheap to me. The kick is much better. A little bit more in your face would fit the kick I think.

Creatively, I think your lyrics are horrible. I gotta say it man, I'm sorry. Common now, ho's and nigga's are the easiest subject you could pick, and than going on about the westside-bestside and how the bitches be dropping to your crotch. Sorry man, to me, that's just imitating what's out there right now.

Back