lend a ear? beginer beat.

I dig the kick that comes in half way through. The one thing I dont like is the sound that comes in at about 14...I mean this isnt the songwriting forum, but it just doesnt do much for me. I like the sound, just not how it's arranged in there. It might be cooler as a more subtle effect.
Just something to think about.

As far as the mix, it seems pretty solid. What did you use?

"disclaimer".......I don't do hip hop so my op's my be OTW

But I'm hearing too much business in the BD line. Using the doubled 16th notes as your "diddle" I'd use a RF-LH paradiddle variation to add the funk.

well to tell you the truth all this 16th note and diddles are things not familiar in my vocabulary. i am so inexperianced. i think i just have the natural ear. i am willing to learn everything about what is needed to be a successful hip hop artist. i do not know what your talking about about the sound 1/4 into the song. is it just to much? i currently using fruity loops and am saving up for a multi track studio.

This is not bad. Actually the mix is pretty good for this kind of stuff. The bass thing is a little too busy. You might want to keep it simpler, and dont let it stop. Let the other stuff do the rythmic fills and handle the melodies. It needs to keep the pulse going. FL is good program.

are you saying the 4 note bass? the base which the beat starts with? I find it complicating to get actually what i hear in my head down within the fruity loop program. i think a multi track studio would be a better source for me.

Last edited:
Back