Left With You - wip -

BCF1

Genre:
Old school punk crossover rock and roll ?

Work in progress

Box

Edit: 2nd try
Box

3rd: after comment from "spantini"
Box

All thoughts welcomed

Thank you

Last edited:
Good song. The main thing I would do is give more definition to the bass guitar - it's lost in the drums and should be on top driving the song, IMO.

Very cool , really liked the outro. This kinda sounded like a big arena or metal band getting on the punk side. I think the heavy drum kit was pulling it away from the punkish vibe (if that's what you were going for) and burying the bass. Enjoyed it .. mark

Good song. The main thing I would do is give more definition to the bass guitar - it's lost in the drums and should be on top driving the song, IMO.

I get what your saying and agree, Bass tone can use more attention. Thank you !!

Very cool , really liked the outro. This kinda sounded like a big arena or metal band getting on the punk side. I think the heavy drum kit was pulling it away from the punkish vibe (if that's what you were going for) and burying the bass. Enjoyed it .. mark

You pretty much nailed it.
My influences are filled with the NWOBHM of the 80's and the evolution to Thrash and Speed Metal as well as the Punk and Crossover of the same time line and through to the 90's.
I definitely gravitate towards big heavy drums. As mentioned above the Bass tone needs attention. Hopefully with work there the relationship between drums and bass will bring the vibe together. Never been very good at creating a more true to the Punk genre drum sound. Must be the Metalhead in me !

Thanks for commenting, Appreciate it
\m/ \m/

Cool song!
I agree with above. The bass needs more low end. What’s it high passed to. The actual tone sounds good. I like the string attack and all. The lead guitar sounds a little too loud. It’s louder than the drums. I’d bring that down a little.
You’re close for sure

Cool song!
I agree with above. The bass needs more low end. What’s it high passed to. The actual tone sounds good. I like the string attack and all. The lead guitar sounds a little too loud. It’s louder than the drums. I’d bring that down a little.
You’re close for sure

I messed with the Bass tone a bit, it's now got better low end(hopefully) Originally I didn't have a high pass on it but I did have a low shelf that dropped a few db
This is a new render, it's better but I feel it can be better still. W.i.p ........ thx

Box

The bass is better. Now I'm hearing (I think) the drums ever so slightly out of time - lagging behind the bass. They're not destroying the tune, just sucking some energy from it.

The bass is better. Now I'm hearing (I think) the drums ever so slightly out of time - lagging behind the bass. They're not destroying the tune, just sucking some energy from it.

Yeah the bass was ahead of the beat in a handful of spots. Good ears !! Thanks

Take 3:

Box

Back