Leave me Alone, tracked mostly in Ardour, mixed in garageband

bendbones

Hi everyone, its been a while since I posted anything, but have been busy recording; was wondering if people could give me some feedback about the following track:

I wasn't going for a particular style other than rock. My main influences in this one are Disturbed, Alterbridge, Evanescence and Steve Vai. The song itself is about addiction.

Much respect and gratidude go to Dusty Hughes for his awesome vocals.

Thanks
Ben.

Yeah, sort of a dud group out there right now. I thought it sounded really good. The only thing I thought distracting was the snare drum being on the left.

Everything sounds pretty well put together though. Levels are all good.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback - is much appreciated. I'll try and sort out the snare panning this weekend if I get a minute.

Cheers,
Ben.

This is tight...not my thing, but sounds great. You have a very good voice. Has a very contemporary rock radio sound to it, kind of like NickelBack/Fuel. Has that type of production quality to it. I think it would do pretty well on mainstream radio...it's nice and punchy-guitars sound good. The "Take the curse of your love away(?)" bridge vocal part seems to get a little muddy and lost, but I think that's what you were going for there...the part right before the guitar solo.

Very good voice, it makes the tune. Interesting rythm all the way through. Sounds damn good to me. And it's a great song, with cool breaks and punches.

(You might want to cut a little off the beginning of the file. It took about 10 seconds to start and I almost closed it down, thinking it was a blank file)

mmm thats a damn good song. production quality is very impressive.

2 thumbs up.

i would take a few seconds of empty space off the beginning.

also i love a heavy kick drum but it seems a LITTLE to punchy to me.

Back