LAUREN by The Story of the Sun

Sweet song. Zoom weddings .... wow. I didn't even think of that. I guess it makes sense, though. I just hadn't thought of that.

My very first impression is that the vocals sound a little too present. I suspect taming the midrange (probably in the 2-3k area) might help.

When the synth arpeggio line comes in for the second verse, it sounded a bit loud to me. It could come down a good bit and still be clearly heard.

When the bridge came around, I was thinking it would have been nice to thin out the instrumentation a bit to mix it up. Or maybe just go to whole-note (or half-note) strums on the acoustic, possibly. Then when it was followed by the transistor radio effect for the following chorus, I wasn't sure. I still think maybe something could drop out for the bridge, possibly.

Funnily enough, I couldn't understand the first two lines of the chorus the first two times around. It wasn't until the radio effect chorus that I was able to make them out. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, overall it sounds really nice. I'm sure she'll love it. These are just a few thoughts.

Appreciate the feedback in this one. We might experiment with that midrange thing. Maybe decreasing the boost a tad. Also well look into the bridge and maybe thin it a little

Back