The latest . . . Willie Billie Bong @2012 - still can't figure out the reverb . . .

Sperry

Here's the soundcloud link. Recorded on the 24th-27th, and remixed it on the 28th.
I was able to switch the newer version into soundcloud without loosing my earlier links
by using the same URL and renaming the previous version.

Willie Billie Bong ©2012

Last edited:
Come-on, rip into it. Waste two-and-a-half minutes of your life listening to it,
and pop me on mixing issues. I did hear a bad bass note I'l gonna try to punch out.

I thought it was a fun song. Vocals sounded real good. Nice harmonies.

I didn't care for the bass sound. Sounded too "rubber ball-y". Was it programmed? Seemed like it was *really* locked in on tempo. Keys sounded a little "cheap-ish."

If it were me I'd retrack and slow the tempo down. I think this is one of those songs where the listener is going to want to pay attention to the words. The song moves a little too fast to process them. The singer (you?) is having just a bit of trouble getting them all in in the time provided by the tempo.

Yep, I picked 168 bps early on, when it was just one instrument.

The bass is not sequenced, but it is the "picked bass" on a Korg X5.
I recorded the bass first with the DP24's metronome.

The organ is an Oberheim OB3 organ module.
A very early drawbars/leslie module made in Italy. There is much better stuff out there.

Let's see: Slow it down. Get a better bass patch or a real bass. Get a better organ module. Look at the lyrics and cut out some of the extraneous words.

Excellent suggestions, all. Thanks.

It sounded that way the whole way thorough. It was easier to spot early in the song when it was a bit more isolated. But it sounded that way through the whole thing.

Thanks. That's my first concern, 'cause the bass is supposed to be holding the song together.

I've only got the Korg X5 for my bass and drums. So far.

I don't see a real real bass guitar in my future, but can get a better patch.

Back