Last tune for a while ( I promise)

Nakatira

That Norwegian Bastard
Ok just finnished mixing this.

Think I got them drums better on this tune.

Last tune to be mixed before me and the missus go on a well deserved vacation.

Tune is played by my band, at rehearsal.
some overdubds are made, most is done live.

recording is done with a Firepod Interface.

SE1 sdc`s on overheads.
B52 on kick
Sm57 on snare and toms

Bass is DI`d through an Ampeg.

Guitars : all sm57.

Vox : Mxl v67g.

Here`s the link.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6713854

THe quaver/wavering of the notes at the end of phrases in the intro should be either accentuated or eliminated if possible.
The 1st change has a very COTCentury Supertramp vibe - probably added to by the prominant keyboards.
But then again it's also VERY Gabriel era Genesis - then that great little vocal section that it SSSOOO Queen II.
THEN funky riffing... I'm not sure I like the rotopan on the organ - normally I love it but I actually wanted to listen more closely to that section so it was distractinging. The roll along boogie section needs a focus it's fun but carries on a little long without a killer guitar solo.
In the return to quiet there's a pumping hiss or is that shares brushes - oh, live probably the share rattling in sympathy with smoething.
Cool declaimatory guitar/horns near the end.
Sudden ending!
mate, lots of high quality stuff! may need a little pruning or seasoning but it was fun and not boring at any stage.
Have a good break and come back with fresh ideas for more songs.

Great job on vocals...lead singer reminds me of Fish from Marillion at times...very cool!! Cool change around the 3:40 mark...bass guitar seems just a little lite in the mix..pretty cool tune!

Excellent tune Nak - so very creative, melodic and intricate. Sounds good overall, no mix issues for me. Your arrangements are perfect classic rock - like the 70's when musicians ruled!

Excellent tune Nak - so very creative, melodic and intricate. Sounds good overall, no mix issues for me. Your arrangements are perfect classic rock - like the 70's when musicians ruled!

I agree 10000%. This is sick.

I just jerked off to the solo that starts at about 5:45.

...............wow.

I like how you aren't afraid to let it all hang out.

Great combination of instruments. I'd like to hear a little more room in the drum mix.

GREAT guitar solo. Steve is going to love this one. It's very pretty.

Nice work, you Norwegian Bastard.

THe quaver/wavering of the notes at the end of phrases in the intro should be either accentuated or eliminated if possible.
The 1st change has a very COTCentury Supertramp vibe - probably added to by the prominant keyboards.
But then again it's also VERY Gabriel era Genesis - then that great little vocal section that it SSSOOO Queen II.
THEN funky riffing... I'm not sure I like the rotopan on the organ - normally I love it but I actually wanted to listen more closely to that section so it was distractinging. The roll along boogie section needs a focus it's fun but carries on a little long without a killer guitar solo.
In the return to quiet there's a pumping hiss or is that shares brushes - oh, live probably the share rattling in sympathy with smoething.
Cool declaimatory guitar/horns near the end.
Sudden ending!
mate, lots of high quality stuff! may need a little pruning or seasoning but it was fun and not boring at any stage.
Have a good break and come back with fresh ideas for more songs.

Thanks Ray.

This tune is still on the choppin block.

I agree with you on the boogie part.

The snare issue, is caused by the bassamp, as we recorded live with amps and all in one room.

I look forward into shaping it more once I come back from my vacation:)

Great job on vocals...lead singer reminds me of Fish from Marillion at times...very cool!! Cool change around the 3:40 mark...bass guitar seems just a little lite in the mix..pretty cool tune!

thanks for the listen, this is the third time someone thought I sounded like fish on vox:D

Thanks man, that is a compliment I wish to frame, and hang on my wall:cool:

Oh, hell yes.

I'm not even done listening, but I love it so far. . . I know there will be a surprise or two before I get to the end!!

So many nice parts.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I hope it's not the last tune for awhile. Keep them coming, please!!!

Very nice Naka...great vox on the beginning part...and they get better as the song rolls....:D

Tune is most excellent...great job on this.

Back