This is the last one. I swear!

Laynestaley

Newbie Shmewbie
Hi everyone. I just finished listening to this Stromschlag dude's first song and it sounded so good that I almost didn't have the guts to post my song.
I did yet another alice in chains cover. But as they say; third time's charm. This one is truly the best. I spent a lot of time on the mixing, which gave me a really hard time. The drums were made in fruity loops, everything else was played through my v-amp 2.
As I said this was my last cover so I'll be putting my own stuff up shortly (if I ever finish anything completely..)
Please listen and comment (especially on the mix).

'No excuses'

Last edited:
I thought we all promised Waldo no more covers, so he doesn't get his ass sued and we don't lose our forum.

I'm sure your tune is lovely, or as lovely as an AIC cover could be, but give Waldo a break - he's already busting his ass for us. Would be way worse if he got his ass busted for us.

Take it down, mang.

Sorry.:(

Wtf? ??

Ok daffy. just WHEN and WHERE did we promise WHO not to post anymore covers and most importantly WHY would we wanna do that? Just a few days ago I listened to a Black Sabbath cover that was posted here.

Please don't kill me for not knowing what I probably should know but who the hell is Waldo and what does he have to do with it??

Don't get me wrong, I WILL take it down if nessecary, especially if it jeopardises the forum but right now I don't have a clue here?

Waldo's the guy who runs Nowhereradio, which is where you've got your tune hosted. He runs it on a shoestring and we rely on him.

Does Nowhere have a 'no covers' rule? It's worth checking out, cuz if that's the case, dafduc's right about taking it down.

I've been searching but I can't find any thread in which something is being said about a 'no covers' rule. The only thing I can find are a lot of covers on nowhere...

It looks like dafduc's right. Here's what it says in the "I agree" terms and conditions at Nowhere:

"...by submitting any music or other content to us, you indicate that you agree to be bound by this agreement.

"If you provide us with sound recordings, musical works and/or other material (such as pictures, videos, song lyrics, etc.) for use as part of our Broadcast Program, the following terms apply:

"2. Ownership. You retain ownership of the copyrights and all other rights in your songs, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us under this agreement.

"4. Representations and Warranties. The term "Material" means all material that you submit to us, including Broadcast Only Program Material, Sample Songs and Collateral Material, as applicable. You represent and warrant that (a) the Material is your or your band’s own original work, and contains no sampled material"

This sounds to me like stuff you post at Nowhere has to be original, or public domain.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77213

Here's the thread where Waldo talks about the problems he's having with covers getting posted by the guys at the I-Wanna-Smoke-Dave-Matthews'-Pole bbs. He made them take the covers down, they kicked him out of there for it. Whiny little pissants.

Anyhow, we've accepted Waldo as one of us (cf: "Freaks", Tod Browning, ca. 1931), and realize what a great service he does us. So he says no covers, we go along.

If you've seen covers from other guys here, it's 'cos they didn't know either.

Can't wait to hear your original.:)

Ok, I still can't see the harm in posting a cover song on nowhere ...
(it's not like I'm making money with my covers, I just make them for fun and the only people who will ever listen to them are you guys and it's not like I'm asking you money for it, if anything, I should pay you for damaging your ears ;) ).

... but I put the song somewhere else anyway so here it is:

Nice. Good sound on the vocs - low voice seemed a bit hotter than the high, though - or was that what you were going for?

Nice groove and guitar sound, but the git sound was so round and the vocs were so bright that they don't seem to "belong together" - each was good by itself, though. Hope I'm explaining myself okay...

Lead guitar wasn't quite up to the rest of the track - had a sort of 60's fuzzbox sound to it - well played, but not quite there sonically. Maybe wetter would be better?

Again, a very nice groove, nice pop on the snare, nice full sound. A very competent cover.

Now let's hear some originals!:D

nice job!!! I can't believe the drums were done in Fruity Loops.. That makes me happy because I have fruity, but sad because they don't sound anywhere near as good..

The vocals are harsh compared to the music.. very crappy sound on the vocals, but the performance was excellent.. There were a few harmonies that were off, but I mean 'a very few.'

The biggest complaint is that nasty vocal sound.. Other than that, you have done another excellent Alice cover!

Back