Last Nite (The Strokes cover)

I love the song. I thought it was really cool.

I thought your guitar sound was pretty good.

The bass is missing some power. I think it can come up and I also think it could stand a low end boost - like in the 80hz - 120hz range. There was a missed bass note somewhere in the 2:39 range.

The biggest weakness is the vocal. The original has this great energy and rawness to it. And this performance is too subdued. You need more urgency in the vocal.

I love the song. I thought it was really cool.

I thought your guitar sound was pretty good.

The bass is missing some power. I think it can come up and I also think it could stand a low end boost - like in the 80hz - 120hz range. There was a missed bass note somewhere in the 2:39 range.

The biggest weakness is the vocal. The original has this great energy and rawness to it. And this performance is too subdued. You need more urgency in the vocal.

Finally a reply! :)

Thank you for complementing the guitar sound.
I'll try to do some experimenting with the bass in the area you suggested.

I totally agree with you on the vocals. I'm not really a vocalist (duh!) but decided to give it a try since I didn't have anyone to sing. This may sound strange but some of the notes were actually very high for me (bass register). I didn't feel comfortable letting loose and try to 'rock' up my vocals because I have neighbors. The though of them hearing me just made me want to get them done. It would be cool to try again in a more comfortable setting.

Cool cover. The kick is a bit loud compared to the rest of the set. I agree with 3M that the vocal needs more energy.

Cool cover. The kick is a bit loud compared to the rest of the set. I agree with 3M that the vocal needs more energy.

Thanks man!

Yeah, the main culprit is certainly the vocals. The drums need a little tweaking to get them more natural. I'm also going to add some cymbal action when I get time to do it.

Thanks man!

Yeah, the main culprit is certainly the vocals. The drums need a little tweaking to get them more natural. I'm also going to add some cymbal action when I get time to do it.

Cool, post it again when you redo the vocals. I love the Strokes first two albums and would like to hear this with proper energy. Maybe have a few drinks beforehand and cut loose. haha

Cool, post it again when you redo the vocals. I love the Strokes first two albums and would like to hear this with proper energy. Maybe have a few drinks beforehand and cut loose. haha

Yeah, the two first albums are great! Maybe a couple of drinks will help loosening up :laughings:

Good cover. Best part - The guitars. Least best - lead vocals could have a bit more "growl" in them, and are bit too "pretty" if you're going for his vox. Also, the original had the lead singer over-modulate into, what sounds like a Shure sm57. which gave it a mid-rangey tone.

Back