Last Hurrah

Jamal Bucket

ok this is not mixed just moved the faders on the d.a.w. im trying to get a feel from you guys as to what should stay or go ..material wise....i have a coupla new lines for the re-write ...but i would like to get your opinion ...mostly on the intro and the end....chad (participant)...has offered to do the drums as he has killer drum sounds...well maybe after he hears this he wont we'll see..lol....and chris harris played the solo....very well i might add...fuck i wish i could play like that....anyway just let me know what you think.im gonna do a total redo pretty much just wanted to fix any MAJOR misshaps before hand...

http://www.nowhereradio.com/mynewhead/singles

last hurrah

i agree about the need for a break, but that's about it. very nice song. can't wait to hear it all put together. nice singing.

intro seems fine to me.. and a decent enough ruff mix. it seems a little lobsided to me, but for a ruffie, it is just fine. The 2nd verse, bringing in the elec pno sound is good...might make it more noticeable to bring the 2nd verse up over the 1st verse. Kick the H outta the chorus too. Big wiiiiide vocals would be great. Lead is good, but too much echo, but I like the melodic vein rather than the notes for notes sake kinda thing....so keeping it 'simple' would be the way to go [for me]. maybe the solo could solo over a bridge?...then drop back down...or start fading earlier. your ending works ok too, but comes on a little abrupt for some reason. ... and high freq. noise at the end?? intentional?

Hey Jamal,
.........cool tune man!!! Hey this sounds like a great collab in the makin. . I hear what brane is saying about the break...... but, the constant moving rhythm is kinda cool in a novel kinda way. Im about finished w/ a big ass-clog of a song that im doing so if'n ya could use a bass line, I'ld be happy to jump in.

.......cool possibilities!!

g

Great song Jamal,the build is killer!

You asked for opinions on the intro and ending.
The vox sounds like it needs to come up in the intro,and mabey seperated a litte more from the lead.

On the ending,I think the pipe sound dosn't fit,how about some BG vocals doing the same thing?
Mabey repeating he's a fake,he's afraid,were afraid,something along those lines.
Just an idea.:D

I think you have the start of a great song here,looking foward to hearing more!

Good luck,
Pete

cool...

mbrane:...more breaks noted.....and repetative as dumb as it sounds was sorta what i was goin for..so altho not intended on your part thanks!..lol

erichhenryus:..thanks yeah i dont have the vocals skills that you displayed in the 1.5 deal ...man that was great...more breaks..wel shit i guess its becoming a concensus.....damnit..lol

mixmkr:.."kick the H out of the chorus"...what is "h"???....hihat?..man i was embaressed to put that piano "sound " even in there...it sucks...its a casio..lol..big wiiiiide vocals thats what i was thinkin too..cool."bring the second verse up over the first verse"...that part stumps me too??....

guernica:..excellent any help you can give in the way of bass is ALWAYS appreciated....and yes you get that its supposed to be sorta "droning"...kinda anyway..thanks G.

pete:...thank you for taking the time...yeah im going to resing the whole thing i just sang mostly on this version to keep track and try out ideas..like.."you dont want me to drive im just here for the ride" thats coming out..lol.....and the end the "pipe" sound is me singing...but i think ill do that part with the piano..maybe?...

thanks again...

jamal

Needs a real solo.

:D

JB - just checkin' your mail here. Mixmkr is right about that 2nd chorus. I think you need to bring in the second git immediately on that one, and go full throttle with all the vocals at the same time.

Yeah, yeah...I'll sing 'em. LOL. You lazy fuck.

CHrIShaRrIS - ÛÑô¥£çþ懢€‡ŒŽµØѱŠ

cool song.. yeah it needs some stuff that others mentioned, but I like it so far.. needs more power.. dig the outro..

Jamal Bucket said:

erichhenryus:..thanks yeah i dont have the vocals skills that you displayed in the 1.5 deal ...man that was great...more breaks..wel shit i guess its becoming a concensus.....damnit..lol

maybe a babershop quartet type of break with a washboard abs solo? just kidding. i really do think your vocals are very strong on this. they fit the song perfectly. and this might be your best songwriting yet. it'll be worth every effort you put into it i think. you've got songwriting skills for sure man.

chris, is that the tubescreaming acoustic guitar on the solo?

erichenryus said:
chris, is that the tubescreaming acoustic guitar on the solo?
Hell no. LMAO. But thanks for ruining my week. (kidding, kidding). I can't play any of my acoustics that fast. Used the Strat (Mex variety) and my S.G. But you can bet your ass I used the tubescreamer. I'm not happy with the "tone," if you wanna' call it that, on the 2nd 1/2 of it...Sounded better to me when I was tracking it. :D :D Anyway, thanks for asking

CHrIShaRrIS - ÛÑô¥£çþ懢€‡ŒŽµØѱŠ

Last edited:
chris, don't take it personal or anything. the solo sounded good. i have absolutely no ear for electric guitar tone. they all sound pretty much the same to me (kinda like snare drums to other people i'm sure), except Sabbath, his I can actually identify as 'crunchy' sounding.

erichenryus -
perpetually trying to figure out what 'tube warmth' is.

A cool song. It's going to be a real good one.

Some suggestions...

You double track the lead vocal for about the first 10 seconds of the first verse. It sounded great. I would double track all the way through. I would put harmonies on the pre-chorus in addition to the chorus.

erichenryus said:
chris, don't take it personal or anything...
Actually, I was flattered anybody would think I COULD play an acoustic like that. :D :D :D

And are you saying that there are different snare sounds :confused:

Cool song, the verse reminds me of something from Nirvana. Can't think what tho. I'd like to hear another part, completely different from the rest, maybe with the solo there. The parts u have sound good. Something "extra" over the last chorus like some simple lead from the keyboard, geetar or an extra vocal line would be cool too.

Nice stuff.

If u get stuck for drums gimme a shout :)

IanW-UK said:
Cool song, the verse reminds me of something from Nirvana. Can't think what tho
hehehehee... I was wondering how long that would take.

Sorry, Jamal. :D

Hello, hello, hello, how low? :D :D :D

kick ass. very nirvana-teen spirit-like. Killer vocals, man. I hope you didn't rupture a nut or have a hernia.

Kick ass solo, harris. I loved the delay on the opening notes. That was choice prime AAA grade.

I don't care if this sounds nirvana, I dig this song alot. The sudden stop of that guitar on the right @3:00 is a little weird. The vocal isn't perfectly audiable at some spots, being covered by the snare and rhythm guitar, I think. Good stuff!

AL

wtf?

classy! jamal is much too proper to pm people ahead of time... lol... dl'ing this for later, jm... got school tonite (3hrs :() but I'll try to hit it some tomorrow after class (only 90 mins!) and Wednesday I'm off...

Back