Last Caress/Green Hell - listen and critique please

On headphones today...but sounds pretty good to me. No mix comments....sounds fine here. Fun tunes.....I think you have a great vibe on these.... :D

FUCK YEAH! this song rocks! i've actually never heard the Metallica version :confused: :o , but i'm quite familiar with the Misfits and AFI versions. awesome song. another good cover Greg, keep up the good work.

hell fuckin yea! Green Hell sounds awesome, love the attitude. Last Caress sounds a little bit sterile, but I'm comparing it to the misfits, afi, and nofx versions, where there's a bit less musicality.

Awesome job, I love these songs, you definitely did them justice.

Rockin'. A real wall of sound and everything has its place. Haven't heard Green Hell before. Heh, around 2:24 the progression and vocal sequence almost has a bit of do-wop in it. :cool:

Thanks guys. :)

Ironflippy - Thanks for listening. I intentionally wasn't overly aggressive with Last Caress and tried to give it almost more of a early Ramones vibe. I've always thought it was hilarious how such a potentially offensive song lyrically can have such a damn catchy melody, so I tried to create some contrast between what the song is saying and how I'm saying it, if that makes sense. It's almost like I want the listener to think to themselves, "thats a catchy little song........wait......what the fuck did he just say?" :p

Timothy Lawler - Thanks for listening. I appreciate the feedback. :)

I love the harmonies on last caress at the chorus. You can really sing it out man! Fun songs, and they sound cool. Especially liked Last Caress.

TelePaul said:
I love the harmonies on last caress at the chorus. You can really sing it out man! Fun songs, and they sound cool. Especially liked Last Caress.
Thanks a lot buddy. Yeah I got a demented kick out of harmonizing the lines "sweet lovely death/come sweet death". :p

Good one(s) Greg. You've definitely got the playing/sound/recording down on these tunes. I like everything about this recording, but this time the drums seem to be that little extra coolness. Kudos sir.....

:D :) :D :)

Greg,
You consistently do good work & sound like a "band" as opposed to a fellow putting together tracks. As always I'd love to hear YOUR WORK.
THis is a cool version - the Misfits were great once weren't they!

rayc said:
Greg,
You consistently do good work & sound like a "band" as opposed to a fellow putting together tracks. As always I'd love to hear YOUR WORK.
THis is a cool version - the Misfits were great once weren't they!
Thanks a lot Ray. Yeah the Misfits were awesome back in the day.

Man, I'd love to be able to write my own stuff, but I just can't. For one, I don't think I can do something as good as the bands that inspire me, and secondly I feel that a song should come naturally and not be forced. At this point, I guess I have nothing to say thats song-worthy. :o

I don't know the originals, but I always love your recordings and energy. Rocking. I have a feeling I'd probably like your versions better than most of the original versions of these tunes. Great stuff, buddy.

RAMI said:
I don't know the originals, but I always love your recordings and energy. Rocking. I have a feeling I'd probably like your versions better than most of the original versions of these tunes. Great stuff, buddy.
Thanks a lot RAMI. I appreciate it. :)

Greg_L said:
Thanks guys. :)

Ironflippy - Thanks for listening. I intentionally wasn't overly aggressive with Last Caress and tried to give it almost more of a early Ramones vibe. I've always thought it was hilarious how such a potentially offensive song lyrically can have such a damn catchy melody, so I tried to create some contrast between what the song is saying and how I'm saying it, if that makes sense. It's almost like I want the listener to think to themselves, "thats a catchy little song........wait......what the fuck did he just say?" :p

Timothy Lawler - Thanks for listening. I appreciate the feedback. :)
I almost commented on how it sounded like the Ramones :p . I love it when bands make catchy songs with demented lyrics (Reel Big Fish does it very well), so I definitely see what you did there.

Back