Lame...

W.I.S.C.

10lbs.of sh*t in 5lb.BAG
Hi everyone!Now that I'm back to work,it's all I seem to do.That and juggling bands and kids and side projects and living with my in-laws.Anyway,this is something I stumbled across in the archives.It was a project I was playing drums on and singing (Yes at the same time live ,with a stupid looking Britney Spears headset mic).We recorded about 11 tracks and this one was the furthest along.It has since been abandoned but I exhumed this song for your listening pleasure/displeasure.Not looking for comments but any are welcome and I promise to pay my dues and review some of the newer stuff on the forum ASAP(Nowhere has not been kind to me lately).ENJOY!

"SLEEP"

www.nowhereradio.com/lameagnus/singles

Man...I almost started a "WHERE'S W.I.S.C." thread, lol. Sorry I can't listen right now...can only offer a bump. I'll be back.

Hey Wisc,
Cool tune man. Nice vocs too. I aint too crazy about the guit. sounds..... kinda thin and buzzy, but i think you probably know that. The meter fluctuates just a touch, but singing and playing drums has to be a chore..... so i aint bitchin too much. Cool song man.... I enoyed the listen.
g

I Said I'd Be Back.

Cool...kind of an "Offspring" vibe. You kill when you scream-sing, but you kill in a good way, whereas I tend to kill in a way that only comedians really strive for....HUGE LAUGHS.

I

Here's what I liked:
1. The song;
2. The way you delivered it.

Here's what I didn't like:
All the shit that you can't fix, lol...so I'll stop here.

Good to see you.

Nice to see your ugly ass avatar fella! Welcome back! :)

You play tite as hell, and do some good fill stuff, can punch and drive good. Singing is not my favorite brand, but good for your type stuff. its a shout song :)

Hey man.....where the hell ya' been?

I like the song......the mix is....well....less successful. :D
Very bass-lite for one thing....and muddy.......
Nice tune though.....lots of energy.

yep the mix sucks.....but those vocals are GOLDEN....i like the underwater effect on the guitar too...man this could be really cool..is that even an option anymore to redo it??....i know EXACTLY ho whard it is to play drums and sing ...i didnt have the luxury of a headset tho...it was craning my neck over to sing off to the side into the mic on the stand...fuck that sucked...lol..

man i would reconsider this as a viable redo -er ..

later
jamal

i can't sing and play anything at the same time so i'm envious of anyone who can.

i like this wisc. it's a live mix so you get what you expect there. did anyone else notice the last line in the song.....LMFAO! That's brilliant. But so was 'stick it in my ear'. I'm still laughing about that one. I think it's a great title for your album.

you need to find more time to record. um, so do i.

Catchy.

Really needs a B section. The same 4 chords for the whole song is a bit tiring to the ears. The intro is 41 seconds, a really long time considering nothing really happens.

not too bad.. reminds me of pixies meet that clash (with a splash of smashing pumpkins in the guitar lines)

a lot of energy in the lead vocals... i also like the vocal harmonies you threw in there.

nice crunchy guitar tone too.

-alex

DavidK said:
The intro is 41 seconds, a really long time considering nothing really happens.

Didn't you hear the beer bottles rattling in the background?

:D

Good one, dude. Tight playing all around. Not easy to sing, play drums and keep a groove happening!

TANX DUDES!

Yea!That was the dog knockin' over the beer bottles.Sounds cool!Couldn't edit it out.He's a big,stupid American Bulldog and his name's Mongo.His only claim to fame is that sound...

Thanx everyone,all you guys rock.Me I have no excuse for not being here,I'm just a slacker...even we need to sleep sometimes.Thanx again for all who listened and/or replied.

Now let's see... Not going to offer mix comments since this sounds very live. Not to say the quality is bad. Reminded me of that Offspring song that was a big hit on MTV. Not that "pretty fly...", but around the Smash album. I forgot the song. Same kind of chords and the singing type was similar. I'm not too crazy about the distorting drums but I think you didn't want mix comments to this tune anyway. A decent pop/punk/rock-song.

It is very Offspring...no offense!! It sounds like the cymbals are loaded up with with reverb or something. I didn't care a whole lot for that, and I wasn't in love with the guitar tone. The song is excellent! You have a great voice man!

Back