King Weed (TMBG Cover)

propman

There was a song that They Might Be Giants wrote for a TV show called A Brave New World around 2000 about weedy species called King Weed. They never released it outside of the show, and I wanted to record it. I found this thing called soundcloud. You can stream Wav files, so here is the link to that if you want to hear it in higher fidelity than mp3.
http://soundcloud.com/passenger-airbag/king-weed
If not, here is soundclick.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=688193&songID=7602842
I am trying to get this submitted to an unofficial TMBG podcast called They Now, and I would really like to know what you guys think. Thanks.

-Adam.

Cool man. The mixing seems to sit pretty well. I think I would like the piano a bit more percussive. The bass was very very deep but if you like that, it worked. I might think there's a little much reverb on the vox but it still sounded good. Cool work!

I agree with the above, a bit more attack on the piano. Also there's a spot or two where there were some loud plosives. Other than that sounds good man!

Props - good cover - I'd not heard it so particularly enjoyed it.
I like the arrangement - nothing really gets in the way of the narrative - good job & thanks.

I've signed up to the cloud as it could be suseful to send wav files as you indicated if their upload is as fast as they suggest.
Their agreement is a bit tough though - have you read it?
I suggest you do & as a result be careful of what you upload - they can, within soundcloud, do anything they like with a piece that's been uploaded as can any other soundcloud member including copying, performing, broadcasting your stuff.

Last edited:
Cool man. The mixing seems to sit pretty well. I think I would like the piano a bit more percussive. The bass was very very deep but if you like that, it worked. I might think there's a little much reverb on the vox but it still sounded good. Cool work!
Thanks for the suggestions and fo checking it out. The bass is deep on purpous.

I agree with the above, a bit more attack on the piano. Also there's a spot or two where there were some loud plosives. Other than that sounds good man!
Thanks!

Props - good cover - I'd not heard it so particularly enjoyed it.
I like the arrangement - nothing really gets in the way of the narrative - good job & thanks.

I've signed up to the cloud as it could be suseful to send wav files as you indicated if their upload is as fast as they suggest.
Their agreement is a bit tough though - have you read it?
I suggest you do & as a result be careful of what you upload - they can, within soundcloud, do anything they like with a piece that's been uploaded as can any other soundcloud member including copying, performing, broadcasting your stuff.

Thanks man, and thanks for the heads up. I had not read that. This is the only thing I have uploaded and I don't really intend to upload original stuff. I just wanted check it out.

-Adam.

Listened to the souncloud version...great mix! Not familer with the original, but I really enjoyed this! Vocals especially sound great...no nits here... need to check out some material from They Might Be Giants!

Listened to the souncloud version...great mix! Not familer with the original, but I really enjoyed this! Vocals especially sound great...no nits here... need to check out some material from They Might Be Giants!
Thanks loads! Also, I would recommend that you do. They are a great band.

-Adam.

Once again your voice dominates here, ADAM.
I don't know the band either so it's all new to me. Sounds great and your class shines thru!

Joey :):):):)

Once again your voice dominates here, ADAM.
I don't know the band either so it's all new to me. Sounds great and your class shines thru!

Joey :):):):)
Thanks Joey. Glad you like it. I really suggest that you hav a listen to them. Look them up on youtube or something. They are really worth listnening. Also, I am really not sure what class you mean, but thanks anyway! :D

-Adam.

The reverb on the vocals is great. As is your voice. Green Eyed Monster is just wonderful. Gonna listen to more of your recordings.

:cool: Great recording Adam. I'm not familiar with the original but this one comes off really smooth and well performed. I like the vocal treatments and the reverb is okay by me - it sounds concert hall-ish which suits the flavor of the tune. :cool:

:cool: Great recording Adam. I'm not familiar with the original but this one comes off really smooth and well performed. I like the vocal treatments and the reverb is okay by me - it sounds concert hall-ish which suits the flavor of the tune. :cool:
Thanks loads dude! :D

-Adam.

Back