King Diamond Cover!!

Analytical Man

I have been working on this King Diamond Cover called Little One. It is off of the Abigail II album. I laid down the drums, bass, and guitar. But i can't play the solos at all. Too fast for me. If anyone thinks they can play the solos i have tabs for them...i would love to get them solos over top of this. Also curious to what people think of the mix in general.

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=19194

Way cool dude. I think it sounds pretty good. Nice tone. I don't remember the original. Are there vocals to this, or is it an instrumental?
anyway, killer tune. I like it.
Ed

Cool. I like the version w/o the vox though. I've always hated his singing. Respect for the songwriting and guitar playing but that falsetto makes me pee my pants laughing. Oh yeah the recording sounds good.

thanx for listening guys. I understand the laughability of the falsetto for some. For me it is a childhood memory, and i have become obsessed with King's music...falsetto and all...my guilty pleasure. Thanks everyone for listening...for anyone that listens give W.I.S.C. some props for recording vox on this. VERY DIFFICULT to sing it like King... i am sure W.I.S.C. 's finished vox will turn out awesome...if you are into King vox to begin with.

Analytical Man said:
thanx for listening guys. I understand the laughability of the falsetto for some. For me it is a childhood memory, and i have become obsessed with King's music...falsetto and all...my guilty pleasure. Thanks everyone for listening...for anyone that listens give W.I.S.C. some props for recording vox on this. VERY DIFFICULT to sing it like King... i am sure W.I.S.C. 's finished vox will turn out awesome...if you are into King vox to begin with.
Cool. Can't wait to hear the vox. If you ever need a Lemmy type version, lemme know.... :D

Nicly done!Great guitar sounds on this...I would dig just a tad more bottom end/bass in the mix but thats just a personal prefrence.This kicks man...

Great tones on everything - guitars expecially nice - reminds me a lot of Led Zeppelin - what are you playing/amp? Who needs vocals (lol)! Nice mix on the whole thing too and nice tight playing ..... :D

Schecter 007 Elite, wait for it, wait...wait...drum roll....POD XT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best damn amp modeler money can buy in my opinion. I also tweak the guitar sounds with a couple of plugins, and do some stuff at the "mastering stage" that effects em a little so i guess it is a combination of things that gets that sound.

wow, that's pretty amazing. I love the first Abigail, what a classic. Hopefully you do originals too; I'd hate to see you not directing your talents into your own originals.

Back