Killing me Softly - l

I did a jazzy-rock version of this song about a year or so ago for my neighbor to sing. We were at a neighborhood party and she told she wanted to record that song. We went back to my house and I played it on guitar for her and she nailed it perfectly. It was incredible. I learned the song completely and recorded all the parts for her.... She has yet to come over to do it. :(

But this is about you, sorry. :o Vocal delivery is sooooo nice. Love the tone of your voice. (it's you singing, right?) Love the simplicity of the recording. My only suggestion would be to use the same reverb settings for both guitar and vox. Put them in the same space. Otehr than that, good to go.

Really nice, thanks for sharing.

Mr Blues/Dave,
secular can be sweet too & you've demonstrated that to yourself with this one. Nice bossa revision that doesn't actually intrude on the elements we all need from this song: intimacy, staying true to the melody & some pain in the backstory of course.
The b. vox are very unobtrusive - perhaps redundant in some parts.
It'd be worth trying Chilli's suggestion about reverb - couldn't hurt to try.
Nice one! Stay away from the streets won't you?

Thanks Chili
I would love to hear you and your friends version , that would be great. Thanks for your tips, I wlll chat with Mlles and mention you and RayC's suggestion.
Thanks rayc, You are right I need to be extra care full when I am playing in the square because of the current climate.
Dave

So, your guitarist's name is Miles, yours is Dave. Do you call your duo "Dave is Miles?" :) I didn't pick up on the different 'verbs but having the same for both would be good. I like the bosa nova beat, it sorta begs for some light percussion, IMO.

So, your guitarist's name is Miles, yours is Dave. Do you call your duo "Dave is Miles?" :) I didn't pick up on the different 'verbs but having the same for both would be good. I like the bosa nova beat, it sorta begs for some light percussion, IMO.
:)

Nice version and well done!

I loved it, I have to agree with Stevie though, Some percussion would have helped push the song along. Loved the vocals in particular.

Nice. I like simple stuff with just guitar and vocals. the vocal reverb has a nice tail, but it might be too much. But if we are bitching about the reverb, I'd take that as a compliment to the rest of the song :)

Back