Kansas City

mm2k5

Tell me what you think about the guitar sound on this. There is the hiss that I could not get rid of however. Is there an easy way to raise the volume on low recordings to make them louder without bringing in the hiss? Well here is the sample:

im not too worried about the playing or the vocals but any opinions would be nice :) thanks!

A noise reduction plug used gently (6-9dB of reduction) should fix that right up.

Other than that, it sounds very old-timey, in a bandwidth-limited sort of way. I would either try to get back the highs and low, or go totally with the old-time sound with a stronger EQ (low and high cuts) and maybe a vintage-style plug. On top of that, I would maybe even dub in some LP record dust noise, which can sound cool in moderation and will further mask the hiss. Hey, it's good enough for Beck! Just don't do it on every track :o If you've ever listened to Mellencamp's "Scarecrow", think "Grandma's Song" right before "Small Town".

Also I've a feeling a small 1.5 or 2kHz cut would be helpful.

well thanks...no eq at all has been done to it yet...i just raised the volume up to that level...and its been left alone...

Back