Just That (to remix or redoo, that is the question)

vestast

Gassy Member
Hi Everyone,

O.K. it's taken me a while to get up the nerve to actually post something so here we go.

I'm looking for comments on this song. It was tracked on my old Omni Station and Adobe Audition which I have replaced with a tascam fw-1884 and Cubase SX. I'm planning on remixing and possibly redoing the song all together so I thought maybe before I do that I should get some opions on where to start etc.

One thing I know is the bass has to be redone as I'm not very happy with it.

Anyway I'm rambling on so if you guys could give it a listen and give me any feedback that would be great !

Thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/vestadavemusic.htm

COOL TUNE

hey there, this a pretty cool song. I like the melody and the playing. The break in the song is intersting. The tones are all good. The recording sounds pretty good. I think the mix just needs some tweaking. The guitars are too much in front. The bass sounds pretty good to me, i think with some signal leveling, and maybe eq, it can be brought out more. The drums are burried in the mix as well. overall, i think it's a pretty cool tune. I'd like to hear the final version. Keep at it , and thanks for sharing it!!
Jason

Thanks for the listen and your thoughts JasonBird.

Things to consider when I get home tonight and start on it again. I was thinking the drums might have been a little weak also..

I'll be sure to post a final (are they ever final ?) version when I'm done.

Dave

I wouldn't see a reason to redo the tracking unless you want to try a new recording technique for the guitar or something, the tracks sound pretty solid as they are right now.

Nice song, makes me want to go out and drive fast! I agree with everyone else, the drums need to be brought up.

yup.. i'm liking the guitar tones for sure. i thought the bass was ok as well. I found the drums coming in too far behind the mix and in the right channel. Again there is not much i can add that above posts havn't siad. A solid mixing job man.

it's definately missing a digeree doo solo though man

Back