Just A Little Something

hey cool stuff. I'm not geting the ending though. Nice touch, but it doesn't seem to fit?
$.02 the kick , drop it on the 4&a on every other or all together ,know what i mean? Its too busy, I thinkg giving it a more conventional pattern will support the highlghted guitar work.

T

Nice use of the vox....they seem to be pretty big when necessary....Nice playing on the guitar/synth.....drives the tune pretty well. I think the music is a bit loud compared to the vocals. At times it makes the vox hard to hear. You should easily be able to even out the volume levels some, and have a stronger mix. The performance is good, so some minor tweaks will really polish this up.

Overall, it was an interesting tune...some very good sounds man...tweak it a bit, and post a new version. :cool:

Hi Notfonts!!

Nice tune here.

I love the guitar tone.

The fluctuating synth part on intro doesn't seem to fit. Are you using phaser, flanger...? Perhaps a more subtle effect on it would draw, instead of distract from the rest of the instruments and vocal.

The guitar parts are good.

The vox could come up and out some too. Your voice has same tone, as the lead singer from the group Pilot.....'Oh It's Magic'. Very nice!!

The India(?) chant outro is cool and very imaginative...I like the way you have chosen to surroundsound it too.

I would love to hear this with real percussion and the synth effect a bit more subtle in those parts. Nice song. :)

There are some crackles in the intro - deliberate?
Some bits of the melody are quite familiar - Moody Blues?
I reckon you could tame the 1st chnage a little just to keep the vibe - the shock isn't an issu second time in.
The panning effect is VERY intense in h'phone ears.
Good song & playing well done.
Oh, the outro - nice but I reckon the melody from the intro should be under or over it so you have a western melody & asian counter or visa versa.

Very effective use of the panning effect on the keyboards in the beginning.

Dramatic change when the guitars come in... Not sure about that part but then I am a three chord kinda guy ;)

Lots of eastern feel to the ending.

Overall great recording and playing.....

:D :) :D :)

I like it a lot, very interesting. Nice arrangement, pretty sophisticated. Yes, a couple of pops at the beginning. Nice to hear some synths around this dump for a change :D

I like the ending, its unexpected. Two thumbs way up for this, its very good. :cool:

how do you set up your amp and mic to get that cool tone on the leads. Cool song too. Reminds of Pink Floyd for some reason

Thanks for taking the time to listen and for the comments. :) The crackle is just a bad mp3 artifact. I used a Yamaha DG80 with a homemade fuzzbox and a sm57 for the guitar blended with a guitar synth patch. The fluctuating synth was a fender roades patch and it pans from ear to ear, it may be a bit distracting. Thanks again.

I like the Rhodes intro, although the effect is strong in headphones. Sounds good.

I like the Tomorrow Never Knows beat.

The net effect is reminiscent of Pink Floyd, with perhaps some old Jeff Beck/Jan Hammer stuff. Are you a Zappa fan?

I'd like to hear some more aggressive and angular bass coverage on the Rhodes during the guitar parts.

Nice work, Notfonts. Is that you singing?

Supercreep said:
I like the Rhodes intro, although the effect is strong in headphones. Sounds good.

I like the Tomorrow Never Knows beat.

The net effect is reminiscent of Pink Floyd, with perhaps some old Jeff Beck/Jan Hammer stuff. Are you a Zappa fan?

I'd like to hear some more aggressive and angular bass coverage on the Rhodes during the guitar parts.

Nice work, Notfonts. Is that you singing?
Thanks and yes I'm singing and I'm also a huge Zappa fan. And good ear, that is the Tomorrow Never Knows beat :) I never said I was original ;) Thanks for listening.

I'm with Dogman & DavidK on this one! A few tweaks to polish it up......don't really get the ending but, it was a nice surprise!!!

Back