This just came out ???

Smokepole

I don't really write in this style? This just came out so tried not arguing with the muse.

I was hoping a sax player would appear out of nowhere for the solo but it didn't happen. That's why the guitar solo is played the way it is.

I've gotten really frustrated so I stopped here. I really believe I need to work with a drummer and a kit, or a drummer to help me program this song. It needs a lot of little touches and cymbal "tinkles" IMO. Tempo fluctuations too. I'll redo it when I get some help. I'm struggling a little.

Thanks for listening

"Picture This" www.nowhereradio.com/mytunes/singles

Joe

Hey... I like that really well. Especially the lead git starting at 1:30. Drums were better once they "kicked" in at :46. Sax would be good. Need some spot for some keys somewhere in there.

Really nice chops. Nice melody.

Cool tune, nice chord melodies and cleanly played-shoot very nicely played! I hear what your saying about the drum programming-the beat starting about :50 seconds in is in time(of course) but doesnt accent the pulse of the tune-if you changed the bass drum pattern to groove with the bass it would help alot! So do it! your tunes worth it-maybe a bit of verb on the rim shot-always sounds good...Man you encoded this at such a low bit rate-its hard to comment on the mix-but considering that it does sound pretty good-I hear ya-a sax would be nice on this. Enjoyed it man.

Wow man...this sounds cool. I don't listen to it much, but I do like soft or cool jazz or whatever the heck you call it now. This sounds like the beginnings of a really neat tune. I think this needs to stay instrumental. I would work this a little bit. I can definitely hear this on The Weather Channel...you know when the local forcast comes on :D. (That's a compliment in my book ;) :D)

Nicely done.

man i wish some guitar skill like that would just "come out" of me sometime....:D...very nice airy feel to it....i can picture me and my dad playing cards listening to this .....:)......like the lead part that comes in over the top...it seems to be missing some high-ness to the tone tho?..not a big deal tone is soooo subjective ...yeah i agree it should stay an instrumental....the guitar line adds enough of a "lyrical " feel ...to me anyway..

nice

jamal

Thanks kjam, Stratomaster,

Keeeeeeeeeeys ahhh, I wish. I started doing this stuff by myself because I got tired of waiting for people. My last tune really needed some honky tonk kind of Skynryrd piano also. I agree about the keys!

As far as the drums go, I'll try a couple of the suggestions. I have a ballad that I'm fighting with the drum parts on right now also. On this song I have actually spent hours trying different things and putting in little cymbal tickles and accents and stuff. I ended up posting the original version because the programming improvements I recently did sucked, so I dumped it. This actually sounded better which doesn’t shine to well for me.

Any percussionists from the Buffalo area ?

I just wanted to share it with you folks.

Jag, so that's what the weather channel posts mean? Thanks, I think that's what it sounds like also. That or even some kind of TV series background music, like in an intro.

Did you ever figure out it was me that left feedback on your "nowhere page" :-)

Thanks guys

Joe

Tighten it up, throw in a sax part and you could sit it on the rack next to most any Larry Carlton stuff. :)

Toki987 said:
Tighten it up, throw in a sax part and you could sit it on the rack next to most any Larry Carlton stuff. :)

I agree, Joe's playing reminds me of alot of Carlton. Yep uncleBob's sax would sit right pretty in this. Good piece of work Joe.

Thanks Jamal, That's cool that you painted a happy picture for yourself while listening. That's kind of what I hoped it would do. The guitars are direct acoustic electric.

Toki and David, your too kind with the Carlton comparisons guys. Thank you.

O.K..... Now where's that uncle Bob cat live?

Joe

Hmmm...

Hey man, mellow song. I kinda dig this..

Some of the sounds used weren't really bright but it sounds good that way.

The drums might be better in a live drummer version, it's a bit stiff.

A definite B in my book.:)

Back