Jus Jump

Funk yeah!

Sounds good, dude! Could use just a tad more bottom on the bass, but it's tight and groovin'!

I rarely hear my cheap JBL's sound that focused on the bottom, and it kicks ass on my Altecs.:cool:

funkay.................!!!!!!!!!
I like this a bunch.....i think the bass sounds great. I like a bass with a fair amount of high-end in it. This is very cool.....nice fake horns and a good kick. It grooves and that's the main thing to me.

Toki,
You have got it down man! I like this one too. I like the bass as is. I get the feeling that it could have been a lot longer, or I was hoping to hear more. Keyboards are sounding good too. Keep em coming man, maybe one day I'll get something posted.

Fat tater to ya,
bd

Hey Toki,
Funky ...Funky ....funky!!!! I loved it man!:) Nice bass playin'. ............Nice drums too, very nicely funked up beat....(I may steal that beat from you some day:D ). I also dug the piano playing....Very nice work man!
gw/5

Haven't read replies

Sounds pretty good to me. No real mix comments.

I think you're using the same fake horn patches that QQ uses... have you two guys ever collabed? Very similar styles.

Hey sounds good Kenny! I love that bass. Sounds good as it is on my monitors. I think you'll like Sonar. It's behaves pretty much like the real thing but with an undo button :)
Nice stuff!

that bass sound is excellent! the whole thing just sounds great to me! nice groove being layed down here..

Nice groove :D

Not much to add. sounds like a good foundation for a great sounding funky ass tune :D

Band is hot! If those are fake horns, they're damn good.

Excellent groove. Didn't really like the piano - tinny, dry, busy, and stilted sometimes. Sounds like player had some chops, but nothing to say (I often find myself in the same boat, except I can't play that fast. :D )

Nice work. What are you going to do with it?

M.Brane: thanks fella. yes, I think the bass could use a little more bottom too. I switched back and forth from my monitors to desktops while I mixed it to compare.

Lt Bob. I appreciate it. I wish I could cop the envelopes you horn players have when your pumpin, lots of little peaks and dips in even one note. Hard stuff to emulate... I hate those horns, Im huntin some new ones. :)

bdbdbuck: 'glad you enjoyed it. It is a lot longer but with 56k it takes forever to upload stuff, so I just put a clips sometimes.

Guern : thanks man. I been working really hard on gettin my bass and the drums to mesh, its gettin better. I was thinkin back to a drummer I met with an old group called BT Express. He was one of the funkiest and most ambedextrious players I`ve ever seen next to White that played with AWB. He would play that style and swap hands with no effort, it would look confusing as hell. I listen to everything Sluice and JM do they drive it well. I feeling better mixing and editing everything in Sonar now and just use SF to set up the exported wave for mp3. I left one audio track off when I mixed down and exported the 2nd time. Wuz jus too tired to go back then and get it.... :)

PG : I bet QQ hates that patch as much as I do sometime!!! hahahaha

Sluice: "Undo" is a gift from Zeus!! :) thanks.

B.Sabbath: noted, thank you, its been hard work... If I can find me a cheap guitar in a pawn shop now, I`ll really start makin a mess! :)

Thanks Jagular: Thats about all I`ve ever done is foundation stuff, guys like you always did the sweet stuff on vox and g'tar. glad you felt it. :)

dafduc; hehehe, I`m trying to emulate Lt Bob with the horns, but he`s just too damn good!!! ;) That keyboard player has NO chops, but plenty to say,lol . I been trying to learn keys and there`s just so damn many of them!!. Im gonna snag some hitchhicking gittar picker someday to play some funked out rythym and solos, I hope. For now it goes in the sack with the rest..

Thanks to anybody that listened, sorry if it bored you. I was just excited about staying in Sonar for all the editing, mixing, and export to wav. I think I been screwing a lot of stuff up in the past trying to do final makeovers in Sound Forge.

Last edited:
good one!

Diggin that fat slappin bass Ken. Nice chops on that piano...horns aint bothering me one bit..recording/mix sounds really good to me.

it seems you have the two most important parts of the song put together well.. drums and bass.. they are the foundation to a strong song... really funky vibe thats cool to listen to.

from what you have it seems like you doing a great job.. i cant wait to hear the finished product!

love that bass sound

Holy F*ck!I can't leave this place for a minute!I think the first page should be twice as long...anyway...Toki!!!!Great tune...I got the funk out!!Actually I liked the bass the best the rest didn't grab me.Lame ending/fadeout.Reminds me of the Nightcourt theme song.Nice production!

Back