Joro, Willie remake Song, Lee surrenders

DavidK

Joro and his bud Willie remade there song about the Civil War. He is shy about reposting it, but I will post it instead, Dag Nabit!

I think they did a great job, cool song. Me and Heidi added some fiddle and cello to this one, but this is not about us, All hail Joro!.

Right or Wrong

He even has the Lyrics on the site, woohoo!

Thanks for posting this David K. This was excellent. The violin seemed a little hot in a couple of spots, but the overall playing and sound were excellent.

Twist

I remember being mightily impressed by this song when he first posted it. I think the fiddle and cello add a lot to this but you're right....this is a great song on its' own merits.
I never thought the violin was too loud and it never sounded louder than the vox to me.
Nice harmonies BTW Joro.

Thanks for listening fella's...
and many thanks to David and Heidi for the awesome tracks they did...ya just can't get any better than that...ya know?
If the violin is hot...it's my fault...I mixed David and Heidi's tracks....
I have been, and still am, sick as a dog with the flu for a week now....my ears aint working at all...
Gonna check it out as soon as I can...
Hey LT., I gotta tell ya...
Willie does everything else on this piece....
He plays all of the guitar tracks,
bass,
mandolin,
and sings all tracks...
He has this great knack for vox harmonies....

I am just the lyricist on this one....
The rest of these folks got all the talent...ya know?

Thanks again guys,
Joe

Nice tune fellas,
Very cool playing in this. Man, real violin and cello is soooo nice. I enjoyed the tune a bunch. Great job!!
g

Yeah, nice one. Nice song, good mix. There's something about the sound on the vocal when it gets loud on the high notes, though. It must be a frequency thing - did you boost some upper end on the vocal to help it cut through the mix? It happens on the word 'me' in 'Lord tell me...'

I love that sound you got on the guitar at the beginning. How'd you do that?

very tasteful playing and recording. everything was very clear and smooth to me throughout. A deep and far away horizon behind it all too. A couple of spots the vocal got hot on one syllable but was very very good anyways.

Thanks for listening fella's....I am gonna go listen again myself now that my ears are back to normal....I did EQ Willie's mix slightly to compensate for the strings but I mean oh so slightly....

dobro said:
I love that sound you got on the guitar at the beginning. How'd you do that?

I dunno Dobro.....I'll ask Willie....
The man is an unbeleivably talented fellow....ya know?
A regular one man band....

Thanks again fella's,
Joe

Back