joro and dtb

boydrj said:

Now go and eat some pie! :)

pie.........I like pie.................and cake.............. :D

Thanks man...
Glad you dug the tune.....and thanks for coming back to it man.....

I have yet to hear yay or nay on the Pedal steel....
seems a bit flat but still nice...ya know?

he left it here so maybe I can get him to re-track next time he's over....

Thanks again man,
Joe

Tell the steel player to keep playing, every chance he gets. He`s already onto the tasteful side of playing steel, accents, kinda like a background singer. Just don`t let him get into all that "doodle-doodle-doo fast stuff" that can get bothersome, unless its a steel solo. Yall raised the bar a bunch on this. Mix is nice, the bass aint booming now so much, sounds more like a tub bass now. parts are separated pretty darn well. The tuning is an issue, but is tolerable and the instruments are done well. The kit sounds good for this except that constant crash on 1 during the first section. I enjoyed this guys, it makes me wanna really get back to work soon.

Toki987 said:
Tell the steel player to keep playing, every chance he gets. He`s already onto the tasteful side of playing steel, accents, kinda like a background singer. Just don`t let him get into all that "doodle-doodle-doo fast stuff" that can get bothersome,

Hi Kenny,

That's how he started tracking man....the doodle doodle way...
I sort of had to direct him.....frickin' Leonard Bernstein here....ya know?
Thanks for checking out the new mix man....
I can change the drums no problem....maybe every other on the one...I hear ya man...thanks a lot Kenny...I can tell that you listened real hard man and I really appreciate it.
Take it easy man,
Joe

Great song. The melody, the vocal lines, top notch. Everything sits well in the mix. Whoever said it was right - you should be famous

Sweet country style (bluegrass?) tune. Vox are right on, catchy writing, cool choruses. Good themes coming from the mandolin. This definitely sounds like something I could've expected hearing on a commercial album. Watch the synch on the chorus vox, maybe tighten that up. I don't know if there were comments about the bass levels earlier, but im thinking the run at :30 might be a bit high.

I'm assuming maybe i got an earlier version because i don't hear any steel guitar runs.

Toki987 said:
The kit sounds good for this except that constant crash on 1 during the first section.

That's my only complaint. I heard that the first time and fogot to mention it. Maybe go back and forth between crash sounds panned towards different sides or just bring the crash in every other measure or just dump it. :)

The additions are nice and nicely placed. Good work.

Now go get yourself a reward...maybe pie. :)

Anybody seen DTB around?:confused:

Bulls Hit,
Yeah man....Dan should be famous....he's got it goin' on...ya know? Thanks for checking out the tune man...

Khomp,
I think you have the first mix man...the bass was adjusted after and the pedal steel added on the third mix....
Thanks for checking it out man,

Todd,
I can change that crash to like every other one on the one or whatever sounds better....can do....if we mix again..I will do that...and get some pie too... :D
Thanks fellas,
Joe

Just got around to listening to this one. I just can't keep up.

Great song, nice mix except for the bottom end. Bass seems a little heavy and the boom obscured a lot of the other tracks on my crappy monitors. Still sounded great tho :)

LIstening to the remix now, like this better. Little more vocal focus and bass seems under control.

Really nice tune guys!

Thanks for checking out both mixes man....

Dan is the man....he rawks! :D

Take it easy,
Joe

Great vox! Very southern rock. Bass is quite boomy on my system. I'd like to hear a TAD more of the snare. Really like the tambourine.

This is a wonderful, relaxing song. The vox make it, in my opinion, but the whole thing is great. Other than the bass issue, it's mixed near perfectly for my taste.

Nice job!

WAIT!!!

I just saw the remix post. Let's give that a listen. Bass MUCH better! Snare's a little louder. Excellent. Not sure about the pedal steel yet. Hmmm...

I think I liked it better before the pedal steel was added. It sounds kind of thrown in in most places. Sorry. Overall, this is a much better mix than the original. I love it!

Piltdown Man

Back