"Jolene" (Ray LaMontagne) acoustic duo version

Way different mix on this compared to the Neil tune.... This one has more vocals - a bit sibilant and more upfront. Lead vocal might be a hair on the loud side in parts, especially on the chorus. I was expecting the Dolly Parton song..:eek:

Again, the performance is excellent, and for "live" (not multi-tracked) this mix is more than acceptable.

Ask for big bucks for gigging - you're worth it!

:):D:):D

Way different mix on this compared to the Neil tune.... This one has more vocals - a bit sibilant and more upfront. Lead vocal might be a hair on the loud side in parts, especially on the chorus. I was expecting the Dolly Parton song..:eek:

Again, the performance is excellent, and for "live" (not multi-tracked) this mix is more than acceptable.

Ask for big bucks for gigging - you're worth it!

:):D:):D

Yeah the lead vocal ended up being a bit loud on this one. Maybe I could help that with a bit of compression. Since the whole thing is just on two tracks, I can't touch the individual levels though. I'll see if some compression helps.

Thanks.

This really sounds great. Great tune. Mix sounds pretty good on my crappy laptop speakers. Nice harmonies.

Thank you much. We just learned this song and just discovered Ray by, accident actually. We do the old Dolly Parton "Jolene" as well, and when we were looking on youtube for the song to refresh our memory, we came across Ray's song.

Love the acoustic.........I thought it was gonna be a cover of Dolly partons Jolene...

Real nicetune...Great work

I listend to both your tunes posted and enjoyed each. I think this is the stronger performance vocally of the two, though both tracks have their own charm.

Very nicely recorded.

This would sound good with some acoustic lead gtr licks added.

I listend to both your tunes posted and enjoyed each. I think this is the stronger performance vocally of the two, though both tracks have their own charm.

Very nicely recorded.

This would sound good with some acoustic lead gtr licks added.

Thanks for the kind words! Maybe I'll try some licks when we play it live.

smaltonion said:
Love the acoustic.........I thought it was gonna be a cover of Dolly partons Jolene...

Real nicetune...Great work

Yeah I was happy with the way the acoustics turned out too. We actually do the Dolly Parton tune as well! :)

that song sounds awesome. It's perfect as is. really. The sparse harmony vocals are just what the doctor ordered. I have never heard the original, but this version is sweet. I REALLY like it. In fact, I might have to check out this Ray LaM dude.

On a total unrelated note, I came very close to signing this post with a "Love You!" as I was also midway through emailing my wife, and my brain got criss crossed. heh heh... :cool:

that song sounds awesome. It's perfect as is. really. The sparse harmony vocals are just what the doctor ordered. I have never heard the original, but this version is sweet. I REALLY like it. In fact, I might have to check out this Ray LaM dude.

On a total unrelated note, I came very close to signing this post with a "Love You!" as I was also midway through emailing my wife, and my brain got criss crossed. heh heh... :cool:

Thanks! You should definitely check out Ray's version. Here's a link to a really nice version on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VBVqE-UtHw

Ray's voice is awesome.

P.S. I've nearly done that several times! (signing something inappropriately because of multi-tasking involving an email or phone call to the wife)

Back