Joey's Walk with Me

joeym

Ok , here's my "Walk with me"....
recording's about 3 years old and I don't have the project tracks anymore so there's absolutely nothing I can do to it now. When I compare it to the quality my latest recordings have, I think it sounds awful, but what the Hell, this is just for fun, as a comparison to Chili's and Xeries's song with the same title.

http://www.box.net/shared/3rlb8asf2n

Joey :)

My fault PC just slow...funny comparing this with your stuff now...bit Korn sounding at bits and the mix isnt a patch on what your recent stuff...but damn Id be happy with if it was mine thats for sure

and three years doesnt affect your ability to nail a song vocally :)

My fault PC just slow...funny comparing this with your stuff now...bit Korn sounding at bits and the mix isnt a patch on what your recent stuff...but damn Id be happy with if it was mine thats for sure

and three years doesnt affect your ability to nail a song vocally :)

He,He...yeah it is a Korn inspired song.:D
I had other equipment then, no good guitars, a small Behringer transistor amp...had little idea how to mic an amp. But it helped the learning process, I guess. Thanx for the comments!

Rockin man. Good dynamics with the arrangement. Enjoyed the tune. Funny.. compare your stuff 3 years ago to mine 3years ago.... I'd be embarrassed.

We should do something like this again. Pick a title and everyone come up with their own tune to it.

Rockin man. Good dynamics with the arrangement. Enjoyed the tune. Funny.. compare your stuff 3 years ago to mine 3years ago.... I'd be embarrassed.

We should do something like this again. Pick a title and everyone come up with their own tune to it.

Yeah, that sounds like a fun idea.;)

Ok , here's my "Walk with me"....
recording's about 3 years old and I don't have the project tracks anymore so there's absolutely nothing I can do to it now. When I compare it to the quality my latest recordings have, I think it sounds awful, but what the Hell, this is just for fun, as a comparison to Chili's and Xeries's song with the same title.

http://www.box.net/shared/3rlb8asf2n

Joey :)

Well, I can see if you were being fussy that you might want to do some minor things to it, but hell, this is fun. I'd love to hear how you'd sound with Rami or someone doing live drum tacks for you... Great voice, you suck, I hate you. :) (I say that to everyone that can sing because I can't.) :D

Well, I can see if you were being fussy that you might want to do some minor things to it, but hell, this is fun. I'd love to hear how you'd sound with Rami or someone doing live drum tacks for you... Great voice, you suck, I hate you. :) (I say that to everyone that can sing because I can't.) :D

That's the right kind of hate, Phil.....:D:D:D
thanx for the comments!

Hey, its time to redo it. Since you dont have the original tracks, I would just re track it all. Its a cool tune and of course re-doing it now can only improve on it. DO IT !!!!!!!

Joey you've really made major progress in the capture & mix part of the game.
The song writing & playing are excellent & I'd have been happy to have achieved this level let alone your current skill set.
If you don't have the original tracks you'd be tempted to retrack I'm sure but I think you should wait until the record company decideds which tracks you'll need to do for the major label album release before putting it forward for a rework - the stuff you're doing now is too good to hold up for the sake of a remake.
Some good Sabbs guitar in there too.

Record company...?? Do you know something I don't??:D:D
Yeah, I've got so many songs to record at the monent, but this one might fit in too, newly recorded of course. We'll see what the snows bring......;)
Thanx for the comments, Ray!

This is actually pretty good.

I'll admit, I laughed when the Korn-esque "walk with me" chant happened the first time. You sound like you'd be much more comfortable mimicing Judas Priest.

Hi - the intro is a bit tooooo long for my taste. The voice is not my cup of tea, not enough melody in the song - just for my taste.

The instruments are well produced and fit together. So all in all, a thump up!

This is actually pretty good.

I'll admit, I laughed when the Korn-esque "walk with me" chant happened the first time. You sound like you'd be much more comfortable mimicing Judas Priest.

He, he....yeah, I didn't have a gang handy and lying around to do the chant, so I had to do it myself. Thanx Steve! :D

Hi - the intro is a bit tooooo long for my taste. The voice is not my cup of tea, not enough melody in the song - just for my taste.

The instruments are well produced and fit together. So all in all, a thump up!

With the intro I was picturing a haunted house at midnight 'cos the song's about a ghost.
The voice....hmm, well, I'd better get some singing lessons then, it might help me to sing more melodic....oh well, can't win 'em all.:o:D
Thanx for the comments!

not bad bro. Very kornish indeed. like a Korn/Maiden effort....

doesnt hold a match to your current stuff though.

Back