jennifer

B.SABBATH

hey guys, I have a pretty nasty flu, so I decided to lay some vocals.. :rolleyes:

my ears are fried because I just finished singing it 15 minutes ago..

please rip it apart with extreme force.. I need a laugh..

the lyrics are not ment to be taken literally.. I know there has to be a lot of mix problems, and I shouldnt be recording while I have a cold, but destroy it anyway.. :D

are the vocals out of key? is the bass too boomy? is it too low?

thanks!

last tune

'jennifer' www.nowhereradio.com/samij/singles

This is Peter Gabriel meets Gary Numan meets Ozzy. If this is you with the flu, then I suggest you don't get better. I'm not going to comment on the mix, because I just listened to Guernica's song seven times and these are so different sonically; my ears are goofy right now. Funny how the same theme can be expressed so differently though. I love those big synth strings and the twisted bowel guitar lines.

Are the posters in this forum (myself excluded) hidden geniuses or what?

My overall feeling is that it should go on longer, which I think means that I loved it.

Who the hell is Jennifer and why isn't she cooking you dinner right now?

Jon

Wow,sounds GREAT Sam!
Vocals and bass sounded fine,just right.

I like the surfin drum beat,cool!
This reminds me of some Beatles stuff,in a wierd way.
I think it's the Jennifer passed line,makes the song.

Most of the time when I hear this type of vocal,grunged I guess is the word,it get's old real fast.
Not with your stuff,it's the perfect fit for the music.
Vocals were the best part!

Guitar playing is outstanding as usual!

Another great tune,thanks!

Pete

BTW-Glad to hear she finally passed,hope your feelin better,(and your thumb too!):D

IT'S DRIVIN' ME NUTS!!! JENNIFEEEEEEERRRRR!

Love it, as usual. Starting about 2:15, it's tough to make out some of the vox. Otherwise, perfect. I even love the "2 string" solo...

chops; wish I had 'em.

(you didn't kill her, did you?).

:D
Chris

Sam,
Has the big production feel that is usually in your stuff!
A little edgy.........even for you!
Musically it is an experience, You cover alot of ground both in tempo, and sonically. I like the blend and you should be proud of this one.
Mix wise about the only thing is I couldn't hear the kick drum enough, and the way this tune flows it SHOULD be "Bassy" IMVHO

Maybe bring your voice out of the lofi for a verse, you have a ton of tricks up your sleeve......:D

Actually.......just forget anything I say!!!
This is really original! :D

You get stars

spoooooooky....... sounds like a few of the jennifer's I know...
let me guess.. blonde?

nice production. I don't know if nice is the right word... how about a "right on" production. The tune gave me the creeps, so I guess it worked.

What kind of electronic drum kit do you use? What kind of synth? Excellent sounds. None of that factory pre-set cheesy poop. What kind of axe and rig? The tones fit perfectly... very sharp and piercing... by that I mean to my skin, not my ears.

The vocals were very effective. Sickness can do wonders... I meant the flu, not your mind...... ;)

cool tune-i like that synth sound-other worldly...drums sound kind of small during the first section-and a little less so during the fast part....maybe a bit of high end to the snare and kik? sounds like it could use high end across the board--but that could be my blown ears or whateva-wicked solo section-whats going on there? I have no idea...Vox sounded good-maybe that wash of synths was competeing with them a bit at times...anyway I like the tune alot-i listened to this about 12 times in a row! Love that guitar melody during the last verse section. Keep em comin.

Hey Sam,
Cool stuff. .......as i mentioned in the my first post.....very "you". Youve developed a distinct style for yourself and this one is true to it. And i agree w/ the post above.... the bullhorn vocal works w/ your stuff. ........nice work man.

g

Nice tune. I like the mixing of the spacey/ambient sound with the surf/punk thing. I hear several different vocal influences in the tune, all of which I like, by the way. ;)

Hey this is my new favorite from you. I especially liked the "surfer" section.

Pretty gruesome words, but some cool lyrics here and there. I didn't hear any key issues. Decent harmonies.

Good job.

Sam...................

Every single tune I have heard from you is excellent...............

composition....
performance.........
Mix...............

Besides letting you know that I am jealous as hell.............
I really have just one question..................

What are you going to do with all of these awesome tunes??

You should be on the road with a band man............
building a following........establishing a sales and performance record................getting your tunes out there man......
ya know?

Your music is timely.....meaning that I beleive it would become popular.....thus....successful...............

Dude..................you have great talent................go for it.......

Oh...one final question.......did you sample "Let the good times roll??" sat really cool in the mix....

later,
Joe

I'll reply properly later..

I just wanted to tell Triple M that the lyrics arent as gruesome as they sound.. When I say 'jennifer died,' that's just my way of saying she has a new slave.. I knew it would sound pretty strange to most, but it's just another song about a girl, and loose ends.. :)

I have a pretty bad fever dudes, so I'll be back when I stop sweating.. :(

thanks again for checking it out guys..

one more thing

as I was just in the bathroom throwing up, I forgot to mention my drums are broke, and that's why I had to use a machine..

if anyone wants to read the lyrics, here they are..

----------------------------

- something uneasy is settling in me, like a beautiful curse,
jennifer comes first, and she puts me last..

I wondered how long we would last, I guess we'll never find out,
jennifer passed...

and here's to future bad pasts, I guess we'll never find out..

jennifer died, choking on her own lies..

I wondered how long we would last, I guess we'll never find out..

jennifers dead, and finally I'll clear my head..

Reminds me of Genesis. I can't hear your flu. Just your usual great voice. The drum kick still sounds weird. I like the real bass guitar. I'd use a bit more reverb on the snare, but I guess you don't want any of that pussy reverb there :D

You sing on key, the bass ain't boomy. In fact it sounds the synth sounds have lower frequencies than the bass guitar. Or it may be that the bass guitar melds into the synth voice somehow. This is a good song. The song changes sound like you usually do, and that means it's good.

...man,
......doesnt being thick jutht fuckin thuck........(sniff)........ nuthin worth than thingin with a noath full of thnot.....

.....Nice lyrics man.

...get well thoon:)

g

Downloading now. Hopefully I can listen to it before I leave work.

Just wanted to say, don't throw up your vocal chords (i.e., get well).

Bummer about the drums. Get some piezo's in Remo practice pads. Under $20 for a trigger that responds better than those rubber thingies. Unless it's your sound module that's busted. Used DM5's are only about $200 (if you've got the cash lying around).

BAAADAAASSSS!

I burned one just for this song...because I had a feeling.

SWEET guitar at 1:50ish!
Before I give it the second listen and I forget to ask, is there anyway you can smooth out the fade at the end? Sounded almost like it just cuts off. Or maybe it's intentional. Whatever...

Vocal levels are perfect. Some very kick ass guitar tracks...Holy shit the way the guitar comes in at I believe 1:42 is fantastic. You get some amazing guitar sounds man.

This is probably the most emotional sounding tune I've heard from you yet. I LOVE it.

Nothing's really bothering me about the mix. Maybe something will jump out at me later, but I like it as is right now. Very good stuff!

Great song, BS (BSabbath, not the OTHER B.S.) ;)

Your voice sounds like Roger Waters to me sometimes, specially when the mood is Pink Floydish.

I cant comment on the mix since I heard it in Lo-Fi, but overall it seems well mixed.

Amazing guitar work, great lyrics.

Pretty good.

Good luck and keep on!

Back