jennifer

mixmkr said:

ah...duh...aah.. I can sell you one for 15 bucks!!:eek:

(sammy...you want $7.50?)

:D :D :D

(mgr. for samicide-ij enterprises...self appointed...btw..)

can I do 30 day net? I`ll give a PO box to send it to.. :)

thanks gents!

A1A2 said:
do you have any happy songs? I am really curious :)
AL

no.. but I promise you I am trying brother.. I think it was Mark Twain that said, 'write about what you know.' :) :(

PJH - this sounds like garbage compared to your last mix, but thanks!

powderfinger - yeah I may go in and lay some drums with me actually playing... I have to buy some new pads though.. thx!

JMarcomb - thanks bro, I'm looking forward to spinning your latest momentarily..

Toki987 - thanks.. I made some CD's and have been giving them away to anyone who will take one.. I'll send one to anyone who wants one, for free. :)

mixmkr - thank you my friend.. If I was to have a manger, you would be it! :D even though you dont acknowledge my comments on your threads, I always enjoy hearing your spin on things.. I remember when you always used to make the first list! :D

thanks to everyone who said get well, the fever has passed... some minor things are still present, but nothing some Pepto Bismol can't cure.. :D

I appreciate the feedback everyone.. this was one of those tunes that I wasn't going to post because I thought it was too much for the clinic.. I'm glad I did though..

one day I'll post a happy song, but it won't be the next one because that will be a Halloween song...

I love Halloween..

:confused:

I downloaded this over the weekend, finally got a chance to listen. As with everything else you've done, I dig it. I like your distinctive style.
I have no criticism of your work, I just enjoy listening.

Mark

listening now................ oh hell yeah, there it is!!!!!! nice and choppy baby!!!!!! it needs more of that!!!!!! (the heavy stuff):D

but that's just me man, u know i like it HEAVY. very type o'ish, back ground stuff goin on. super clean! as always. can't wait for the next one!! and again, it's all u.

thanks bro

peace

rick

ok as much as i hate to say.....i listened to this....(who is singing?).....that cant be you....is it...?....ok now its starting to rock....cool......"died choking on her own life"...that is a great line......so are you glad jennifer is dead?....ya she was over rated anyway right?...they all are.....:D

ok ok....so its cool....big deal.....if it WASNT then that would really be something i guess...;)

jamal..(i know i know i dont exist)....but i still show up on yer playbacks ....so thats something right?

as soon as I saw SABBATH I knew this one was going to be my style.. the singer sounds a little bit like OZZY. I wanted more of the heavy stuff. too much of the drugged out synthesizer. it went too fast.this is a fucked up song. Im glad that there is some METAL in here. I will check out more.

metal militia said:
I wanted more of the heavy stuff. too much of the drugged out synthesizer.

yeah I know what you mean mm.. The keyboard player on these songs smokes way too much pot.. Unfortunately, he calls the shots.. he tends to hide his multiple personality disorders under a veil of pot smoke, and he can be very unreasonable when it comes to this stuff.. he also owns all the recording gear, so I have to put up with his B.S.... thanks for the comments, and welcome to the board.. It's nice to see some more metal folk around these parts..

mkg - thanks my man! don't hesitate to rip it apart though. :)

fenderlikingood - I can't believe someone around here knows who Type O Negative is! :eek: :D thanks fender, I will be working on something just for you.. Just oout of curiosity, what bands do you listen to?

jamal buchet - :eek: yeah its me singing.. and the words go, 'choking on her own lies' thanks for checking it out..

:eek:

:D

B.SABBATH said:

yeah I know what you mean mm.. The keyboard player on these songs smokes way too much pot.. Unfortunately, he calls the shots.. he tends to hide his multiple personality disorders under a veil of pot smoke, and he can be very unreasonable when it comes to this stuff.. he also owns all the recording gear, so I have to put up with his B.S....

Ya I work with a guy like that too.....

Man it's taken me a while to respond to this. First it wouldn't stream.....so I downloaded it. Then just as I was posting a comment....my server went down.....geez!!!

OK....crawdaddy's right....you flat out have a signature sound and that's a very cool and hard thing to do. I also feel like I could pick your songs out of a line-up from anyone else's. You have this amazing texture to all your music that is unique and everyone likes it. Whenever you put up a new one......the posts quickly run up to several pages. You should be proud.

As for the mix.....I'm not wussing out here....but you've reached a point in your skill level where everything that might be changed is just personal preferences so I don't have much to say. I really like this one.

BTW.....I want a cd.

Re: thanks gents!

B.SABBATH said:

no.. but I promise you I am trying brother.. I think it was Mark Twain that said, 'write about what you know.' :)

It's totally cool if you just wanna do more moody music. My faviorte bands like Pink Floyd and Radiohead are mostly about sad stuff anyways. I was just wondering :)

AL

cool ... I think you finaly listened to mixmkr and tryed some shredding... "double" snare hit bugged me a little, reminded me of 007 movie track or something... I guess the vocal processing is just your style... Like I said before I would realy like to see you explore some other styles ... this becomes too recognizable IMHO...
good stuff Sam

The song fits the lyrics. I like the slow solo tones you got. The fast solos were to cliched for me though. The vocals were cool but I would try a version of more straight vocals. I agree with metal militia that the song could also use more of the heavier stuff. It sounds like the keyboardist ego is messin things up, but the keys are good.
Myx

Damn Sabbath..... you have some of the nicest mixes! Your stereo field is nice and wide and the instuments use the space very well. Great job and a great tune!!
I went to listen to the cover you had up but you already took it down!

RF

Damn you stay sick alot...where's your other tune "crazy"? Anyway i D/l another of your tunes while back under username "freshears" (cookie problem, dont ask). from a scale of 1to10 "on this board" that i've heard from a mix stand point, your a 8 maybe 9 to my ears...i'm a zero:( , but thats besides the point. I liked this track, as i did your others. Great gtr sounds, i love the tones you are getting. Get well and get that other song back up there!...David

Damn!I don't know what to say!!!You are truely fucked!
A bizarre piece,for sure.I loved the synth work,and the strange vocals!
Admitadly,my forte is songs that flow fairly constantly(though arguably too long and repetively),your stuff,that I've heard,jumps around,and covers alot of ground in a short time.It is not always successfull,but a great concept,nonetheless.This isn't a critiue(goddam it,to drunk to spell that word),but a word of encouragement!If,artfully done,that diversity,over the course of a whole album could really become a trademark!Shitloads of potential dude,especially as prolific as you are!It really comes down to cutting and pasting artisticly!

Say Sammath,
Liked the time changes, liked the processed vocals (need to learn how to do that myself) but I especially liked the way you seem to construct a sonic "landscape" or "image" or whatever you wanna call it. I need to learn how to do that too as most of my stuff ends up being the ol rehashed AABA format.
el jordo

this rocks...it belongs in a movie soundtrack....DEFINITELY needs to be longer...im just getting into the story and then its over....

great 2 string solo...i couldnt put anything that interesting together with 6.......

also, you do well with the less than happy themes...listen to Twain.......

Back