jazz song

cmaro14

Hey guys,
Hope everyone is doing good! I usually work on EDM type music but Ive always liked jazz so I decided to produce one song to see how it went. After listening to this song about 89898389348 times I'm not sure if it sounds like absolute trash or if I'm a golden god lol. Anyways...Im trying to improve my mixing and if you guys could take a listen and give me some feedback or anything so i can improve I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Jazz Master D 24 by elles_dee | Elles Dee | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
idk to be honest lol ...my first time doing something like this i thought it had like a jazz vibe but maybe

For me the piano is way too loud and at the start gets in the way of the guitar. It's also quite a hard sound for a jazz piano. Then we get a drum section with some nicely crafted brass hiding behind it. Jazz of this kind has a kind of fingerprint - rules that sort of always 'work' - nothing to stop you bending them, but it perks your ears up. Everything seems well captured, but the drums are playing quiet jazz, smoochy big band style but have been mixed to be loud and up front, rather than the support they usually are, they're the focus. Lots of sources are crystal clear with bags of HF - but you've kind of turned a jazz electro-acoustic into a Strat. I had to listen twice because I thought it odd there was no bass part = there is, just buried.

It's nicely recorded and mixed well, but in a unique way. we have piano and drums featured as it it's a mix for those players - like in old Buddy Rich tracks where the drums get deliberately mixed high because the band has BUDDY RICH in capitals, so the mix has him too!

It is a great track and took me a while to realise the song - so I like that.

wow, thanx for the feedback I really appreciate it.....Im assuming you're talking about the piano in the intro right? I will try and play with the level on that to see i fit works better. I also have like a rhythm piano kinda back in the mix so I dont think youre referring to that one. Since I usually work with EDM type music then I guess it was natural for me to mix the drums a little more front and center than the genre requires but I kinda liked it tbh. Do you think the bass is badly mixed? Anyways thanx for the feedback!

Back