Jar Of Hearts Cover - Tell about my mix

Initially, it sounded like the key was too low for the singer. There were a few notes in the verse that were quiet and a bit sharp because they were so low, but it improved a lot in the chorus. the vocalist's voice sounded great with that mic, and the voice stood out nicely in the mix which is really important. What mic is that anyway? I also found the shaker fit awkwardly in the mix (too up front) and was inconsistent. Maybe it was recorded too close. Don't ask me, I'm a noob. The tambourine sounded like it was recorded/ mixed well, but was used too often. I think the vocalist's voice is interesting enough to simplify the song a bit and it would be a lot more engaging. All together, it sounds pretty nice!

Looks good man. Sounds pretty good too, though I would definitely recommend Melodyne on her vocal. Some pitch issue going on there. :(

I pulled this one up because I know you are going to do studio work and I wanted to see how your work sounded. Well I think you will get lots of recommendations because this sounds really really good. You should play producer a bit and either get her to redo the intro or auto tune it cause the rest of her vocals are fabulous. (And redo the last note). Again, great recording and mix/master.... :D:D:D:D

Thnx guys.
Her vocal was autotuned. Maybe I just worked on it really fast and didnt notice the pitch issues not until I posted on youtube and there I heard it. I didnt want to either autotune it really heavy coz some people doesnt like it.

@hernandog
Its an AKG Perception 820 Tube Mic. Pretty decent for only $400. I also used it on the acoustic guitar.

Back