James Taylor Tune - Sweet Baby James

Cool track Rick - you know I always thought this was called Sweet Baby Jane - shows how much I know. Never bought the album but did listen to his tunes extensively on the radio.

This is a good take - guitar seems to pop out nicely between phrases and carries the song along. Vocals have your trademark soulful sound. Very relaxing to listen to.....

Nice one.....

:) :D :) :D

ido1957, thanks alot man! On this one, I upped the guitar volume to make it stand out more. I am amazed how clear each track is with this setup, very unforgiving, but that is the challenge, eh? Thanks again !

That's one of my favorite songs Rick. The guitar sounds really balanced. What guitar are you playing? What mic(s)?

Great job.

rpe

Thanks rpe,

I used the Peluso 2247LE and Gefell M300 on the guitar track, then the Peluso 2247LE for vocals, into the Avalon AD2022 preamp, and then the UA2192 AD/DA converter, then to PC.

Here is an older one I drug out of my recording file from a few months back that I thought would be good to post, another JT song, one of my favorites! I had a little different signal chain on this one. I used the 2247, not LE version, and the M300, but I did this in one take with both mics, not separate tracks. Also, I did not yet have the UA 2192 converter, so you can hear the clarity difference between then and now.Shower The People

Back