James Taylor cover

Lots of background noise.

Guitar sounds real nice. Vocals sound great too. There's another guy on here who posts a lot of this kind of music (James Taylor, John Denver, etc.).

I'm a huge Jame Taylor fan. I think you really did a good job on this. Vocals sound very smooth and the performance is perfect. Guitar is in just the right place in the mix.

With that said, the background noise isn't much of an issue.

Thanks Danny.

I typically don't get too much feedback here since most members do other types of music. I really appreciate you spending time to share constructive criticism.

I think you're referring to Rick Shepherd. He's an avid JT, JD, Croce fan. Heck of a nice guy.

I struggled at first and couldn't figure out why the levels were so low. So I cranked up the pres, hence the background hiss. I found out later that it was a bad cable connection but I was already starting another project and got too lazy to re-track.

Thanks again Danny.

That song is very well done and recorded-was it done live, vocal and guitar simultaneously? You have the vocal performance down very well and the fingerstyle guitar is great as well, any string noise was barely noticeable, and really belonged there-its just part of the acoustic guitar sound. What mics were used by the way?
I think it would be worth it to retrack down the line to lose the noise from the noisy cable but even with it congrats on a great performance! :D

I don't know this song, but it sounds very good. Your vocals sound very natural and not like you're having to work at it. The guitar tone and performance sounds fantastic. Great job overall.

The guitar part is very nice. Vocal is clear, but volume of vocal is up and down, too much. I'd suggest some compression to even out volume of vocal.

Thanks guys.

Anfontan,

I did the tracks separately using SP C4s into FMR RNP and RNC. Thanks for listening and critiquing. I really appreciate your kind words.

GregL,

Didn't expect a guy with Frehley for an avatar (very nice by the way :) )would get this kind of music. This makes your compliments even more special to me. Thank you very much.

Nick,

Hehe. The poor cable connections I mentioned really created problems so that I had to manually adjust the vocal levels during mixdown. Why? Because I still don't know how to use compression.

Thanks again for listening guys.

All I can say is excellent. The only flaw (if you want to call it that) was the noise, but with such a stellar performance I forgot it was even there. You have a great voice, that's for sure. Do you have any original songs? If so, I'd love to hear 'em!

Again, good stuff!

-Joe

You've got a fantastic voice.

Sucks about the noise, but it's kinda' listening to a treasured cassette. Hopefully you've got that fixed.

Yeah, that was really nice.

Sage97 said:
I think you're referring to Rick Shepherd. He's an avid JT, JD, Croce fan. Heck of a nice guy.

Yea that's him. I love his recordings, he gets one of the best acoustic sounds I've heard. I personally prefer your vocals more though. Keep posting your recordings.

Thanks again guys.

I'll re-track the guitars to get rid of that background noise. I really think that's where most of the noise is coming from.

You guys sure know how to make me feel good about my hobby. I've been accused that it often borders on insanity. The gear expenses, the countless early morning hours, etc. are worth it.

Back