I've Got A Feeling....

It's been a while since I've posted anything... got about 5 songs ready except for my usual stumbling block - lyrics.

So decided to do a quick remake, of another Beatles song of course! I've Got a Feeling from Let It Be, knocked this one off in a couple of days.

The guitar on the left is my new Ibanez AF75T hollowbody, and on the right my old 1983 Japanese Strat. Any comments appreciated, thanks!

:D

Hey fellow Canadian

Pretty decent cover............
Guitar work is right on the money.
I thought the vocal was ok.
Look forward to hearing an original.
Plenty of lyric writers over at artistcollab:D

Good Luck.
Hey, you know "The Real Waldo", he lives in your town.

Listening on cans.

This is very good. Top performance. Mix sounds great. If you point a gun at my head I say: 'perhaps the vocals have too much hyped highs'. But that's nitpicking...

I loved those Rhodes. Is Schenkerguy a one man band? Very good playing!

Yup, a one man operation. I even sang on this one. Usually I find someone at Artist Collaboration to do the vocals, thought I do this one solo.

Thanks for comments!

Hey great guitar sounds. Good cover as well. I find the vox (main vox) a bit heavy on the left, but outside that, cool.

Strange, I thought it was too left heavy as well, but it was panned center. I'll have to check that out when I do a new mix, thanks.

Wow, I hate covers. Especially when doing the greatest band of all time.....but I really liked this. I think it's because I've always thought the Beatles themselves could have done a better job than what they did.

Awesome!

I get that a lot... people saying "how can you remake the Beatles" etc. I also think they're by far the best band ever.

I've done lots of remakes of them now, I like listening to the originals in headphones and trying to hear all the subtlties of the recording and picking everything apart. They're so much more interesting than clinical modern recordings. I like learning the riffs, drum parts, harmonies etc. There was so much innovative stuff they did. Guess I'm doing them mostly for myself!

On this one I sang it myself, so had to do it an octave down, and didn't even try to do the vocal note for note.

Well a basic summary:

I use Cubase SX as the main environment. Guitars and mics go into my Echo Mia soundcard after a Behringer 16 channel board. Vocal mic is a Rode NT-1. Guitars are processed with Amplitube, no real amps used. Drums are from Native Instruments Battery, running the sample set Drumkit From Hell which I play from a keyboard.

The Rhodes piano is Lounge Lizard 2. I use (not on this song) lots of VST instruments like Native Instruments B4 and FM7 and Pro52, and mostly Waves plugin effects for reverb and compression. And of course Autotune...

After exporting the mix with automation, I master it in T-Racks, still in 24 bit, and do final touches in Cool Edit Pro, now known as Adobe Audition.

This song also used a few percussion sample loops for the bongos and tambourine, but I don't use those very often. I quantize as little as possible, mostly using none except on the kick/snare/hi hat.

Here's a fairly recent original... me singing again unfortunately :D

Nice job on the guitars......the vocal is too low for that song IMO but you're correct to not try to do it exactly like they did because it can't be done. I'd like to hear the harmonies better.
Overall a pretty good cover of the tune, especially the guitars.

I read the prior posts as the song was downloading. I was skeptical when I read that you sang the song an octave down. But it really works well! I was surprised.

The mix is a bit small to my ears -- sounds like all the "players" (yes, I realize there's only one) are in a little box. If that's the sound you were going for, no problemo.

There's a buzz hanging at the end, as the guitar tails off just before "so hard" (LOL).

Overall, I think you pretty much nailed the tune.

Thanks!

I was going for an intimate kind of sound... Most of my mixes reflect the era I'm from - 70s/80s, so I like a fairly big reverb on the vocal and delays and stuff. I was trying to get the more modern tight close sound.

I've done about 3 more mixes since this one, so I'll post the final mix when it's done.

Yeah this sounds like it was fun to do. Good job on the instruments. The vocals could have used a little more passion, screaming it like Paul and John used to do.

Enjoyed it much.

Curious about your vocal chain on Sunshine. Mic, preamp?

On all my recent tracks I'm using a Rode NT-1, which just goes into a Behringer MX 2002 board, and back out the channel out, then into an Echo Mia soundcard and into Cubase. Guitars are exactly the same. To process the vocals I've been using Yamaha Vocal Rack lately, and some built in Cubase EQ.

Back